Monday, April 18, 2016

Musing Mondays






We read this today in homeschooling.

Here is an online reading. :-)




STILL READING:
This rather lengthy book...almost 700 pages. Though it is enjoyable, nothing terribly exciting. So I am reading three pages a day and reviewing one (I hate just skimming over the things talked about in books,especially history books, I want to know what is being talked about). This book is being read for a Banned Books Challenge. There are blank places in the book because the author was under a restraining order as the Harding family did not want love letters Harding wrote to his married mistress published.



FINISHED:
The heroine is one of those people who has more than the average share of loss and death. The story is a telling of entwined events and lives. I cried in several places and there was one passage that was really profound about how to deal with the losses that life brings...so glad I continued reading for having found this advice.


STARTED REREADING TODAY:
Rereading this as part of a readathon and because I find Douglas Adam's humor to be so enjoyable.
I have always been absurdly ridiculously tall. To give you an idea-when we went on school expeditions to Interesting and Improving Places, the form-master wouldn't say "Meet under the clock tower," or "Meet Under the War Memorial," but "Meet under Adams." I was at least as visible as anything else on the horizon, and could be repositioned at will. When in Physics, we were asked to repeat Galileo's demonstration that two bodies of different weight fall to the ground at the same speed, I was the one who was given the task of dropping the cricket ball and the pea, because it was quicker than going to an upstairs window. I always towered over everybody. Right back at the very beginning of my school career, aged seven, I introduced myself to another new boy (Robert Neary) by coming up behind him and, in the spirit of experiment, dropping a cricket ball on his head and saying, "Hello, my name's Adams, whats yours?" This, for Robert Neary, I'm sure was his one terrible mind-scaring memory.





PARTICIPATE IN MUSINGS MONDAYS. :-)

2 comments:

Breana M. said...

I Am The Dog looks cute. Enjoy your current read! :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Breana,
Thanks for visiting! :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5