Sunday, June 07, 2015

A Navigator's Tale: The Arcane Map of the West
(reviewing soon)


A dangerous man and an unbelievable offer—she should have run….
Starship navigator Hanna Baskira is entangled in a job contract with a hostile merchant-trader who doesn’t trust women pilot-navs. Captain West has hidden agendas. He’s also the commander of an elite military crew. They’re the intersystem government’s secret weapons—and the captain is the most dangerous weapon of all.
He plans on using Hanna in his espionage against an intersystem rebel network, but the captain has a thing about sharing plans…. And she has trust issues with the military.
If she wants to survive her new job, Hanna must trust the unpredictable captain of secrets and resist her attraction to him.





EXCERPT:
This is not a story about a strange mystical map. It is really about the convoluted inner secrets of a man named Captain Dregarth West—an enigmatic, strange man with a thirst for justice. A man whom I’d discovered belonged to an elite legendary military team rumored to have mysterious technologies and power…and who was more difficult to decipher than a star map. Meeting him for the first time had landed me in danger. Afterward, I’d found myself pulled into one strange adventure after another.
I only got a few of my questions about this man answered. I confidently thought the hidden parts of his secretive soul would unravel for me within a brief time, and then I could go on with my life and forget him…but I was wrong. He’s an ever-evolving mystery to me.
I’m still trying to understand what drew me to him, why I agreed to serve as a navigator on his ship…and why I followed him. I will tell you how it all began….



BUY IT:




AUTHOR BIO:
D. Martin likes science and finding out how things work. She has a science degree from Eastern Illinois University, where modern dance and creative writing also caught her interest. Her professional career as science researcher has ranged from biochemistry to industrial chemistry applications. She retired to pursue a lifelong dream to write.
She believes a person can never have too many books. She reads everything, but is fond of Sci-Fi fantasy and romance. She’s a sporadic gardener, who’d rather write than pull weeds. World cultures and their foods fascinate her. She loves Sci-fi movies. She once wanted to be an astronomer and adores the NASA app on her phone.
She lives in the Midwest with her husband and daughter, who are both very understanding when she’s off the planet writing.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to, THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY!

Many thanks for the book post on A Navigator's Tale: The Arcane Map of West. I'm looking forward to your book review.[Scrunching eyes shut tight while crossing fingers on both hands :)]

D.Martin

P.S.-Sending good wishes to everyone in your Vigil At The Top post and hoping everything works out for them.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5