Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Read-a-thon progress :-)



Rules say you have to read at least one "horror" book but it can be tamer.

FINISHED. 26 pages.
An alphabet book read with my daughter. The animals interact with each other and there are 98 of them!
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars





6) I have read 4 more pages. An engrossing read filled with a lot of philosopher's thoughts on consumerism and real world examples (both of the author and the general consumer). I wonder how I will change after having read this.


29 more pages read.
My preschool son really wanted this from the library...so, I told him we would read it a bit at a time. He had a theory that the hand reaching out is "Frankenstein from the Beetleborgs movie." Now he thinks that "Drew" might have done it.
Our preschooler has been banned from his over-abundant "Poopy Jokes." For one night we relaxed this ban and let every Nancy be Poopy instead. Phrases like "She recognized Poopy by her reputation" kept the entire family amused.



I have finished the 6 pages of Forward and I am on page 1. The forward is talking about how people who were already self-sufficient in rural areas did not suffer as much during the Great Depression.



24 pages that weren't a part of my original goal. Fun read with toddler. :-)


I have read some of this but I am starting a re-read to make sure I comprehend well for a review, excerpt and giveaway that I am posting on the 29th. The story is of (repeated)time travel and confronting deep emotions.
I am on page 16 right now.



AND THE HORROR MASTERPIECE OF ABSURDITY

I have also decided to re-read "Julie & Julia" and I am now on page 10. It is a good read...nice pace and Julia Child's recipes sound so yummy. I just don't like a lot of the things Julie Powell does as a person (even more so in the book following this, "Cleaving: A Story of Marriage, Meat and Obsession".

I have read 14 pages. The white shark was introduced and we have have just met the bear. The bear seems to have less need to kill than the shark...wondering how this characterization will affect their encounter.
"Hunting aficionados will devour the shark bear action." -Kirkus Reviews

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5