Thursday, November 06, 2014

The Daylight Marriage by Heidi Pitlor
That was a quick read!


In addition to a glowing review by Stephen King:
“A page-turning exploration of unexpressed love and unnecessary loss. Riveting and heartbreaking.” —Geraldine Brooks.


I felt dread just reading the description on the Netgalley site. This was such a quick 245-page read because I was so interested in the storyline. There was much flashback but it was done in a simple and rarely confusing manner. The storytelling was not similar to Stephen King but I can see why he admires how the telling is organized. Quietly haunting, horrify and sad.


Basically:
-----Wife is mainly selfish and spoiled.
------Husband has a hard time with any emotion but nostalgia and how things should be.
-----Children have plenty of avoidance and hurt.
-----Wife disappears and we slowly find where she went.
-----We also slowly find where everyone's heart went.

Clever title...bring it all out into the daylight.
Seeing their marriage in the daylight has both sunny and harsh moments.

5 out of 5 stars for me.
I think this would be a great book club read.
I would love to lead a read-a-long.

I read an Advanced Reader Copy...
and plan to re-read it, too.
The book comes out May 5, 2015. :-)





WHAT ARE YOU READING?

2 comments:

Elyse said...

I found your blog because I am also trying to complete NaBloPoMo this month.

The last book I read was All Fall Down by Erica Spindler. I'm a huge fan of her mystery novels.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Elyse,
I will have to add her to my reading list. Thanks!
Also, thank you for visiting my blog and I will be stopping by yours soon. I hope you have enjoyed NaBloPoMo. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5