Saturday, November 29, 2014

Saturday 9 Meme
Paint It Black


1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping?
Yes, we have all of our daughter's presents and have decided on things for the boys. Toddler daughter is getting a doll, a dollhouse and some candy/snacks. Preschooler has a mask and a Spiderman poster, a big box of his father's G.I. Joes and there will probably be a Batman Lego set. We have picked out something for College Son and I am hoping maybe some gift certificates, too.

2) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?
No, we have not done our Thanksgiving celebrations yet. We are getting together with friends later today for a dinner...though it was moved from lunch...and now Husband is having trouble waking up...hmmm. When it fits into College Son's schedule, we are taking him out for Chicago-style pizza.

3) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner?
We had planned to travel for Thanksgiving but those plans fell through (seemed to be the theme this holiday).

4) Keith Richards likes France but, alas, the French authorities haven't always been fond of him and his criminal record. Have you ever been to France?
No. If I did go, I would love to roam the flea markets buying some books and an old fur coat (yes, I would wear it). I would also buy my daughter and myself bottles of Chanel and some rose-scented perfume in memory of Grandma and Great-Grandma.

5) Mick Jagger jokes that, to be polite to fellow hotel guests, he always finishes trashing his room by 10:00 PM. What kind of hotel/motel guest are you? Are you rockstar rambunctious, or are you quiet? Are you neat? Have you stolen any towels, bathrobes, etc.?
We are as quiet as people with playful children can be. We only take things that will be thrown out if we don't...I am excited when this includes cups for the trip or nice coffee.

6) Mick Jagger got his financial savvy as a student at the London School of Economics. Are you good with money?
I am very good at accounting. I get so upset when companies are deceptive (I seem to find the deceptive companies that mess up your credit).

7) In the early 1990s, a then little-known actress named Angelina Jolie appeared in a Rolling Stones video ("Anybody Seen My Baby?"). Name an Angelina Jolie movie.
Girl Interrupted....that's a very memorable one with some disturbing images.

8) In the early 1960s, the Stones nearly avoided tragedy when their tour bus skidded off a bridge. Tell us about a near miss you're thankful for.
Someone thought it would be funny to pull my feet from under me though I did not know how to swim, motorcycle accident, a barely missed motorcycle incident that resulted in the death of a loved one, bridge skidding, domestic violences, something close to heatstroke, toxic shock syndrome,held up at gunpoint, wrongly diagnosed with lupus anticoagulant (that was more of a horrid scare versus near miss), house fire where we used to live that totally decimated our living quarters and we likely would not have survived if still living there.

9) In 1966, when this week's song was popular, CBS telecast How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss story?
"Mr Brown Can Moo! Can You?" is my favorite.
I am very fond of the Lorax and it was the first movie Preschooler saw in a theater.
I often sing "You're a green one, Mr. Grinch."

11 comments:

**** April **** said...

AMEN to the deceptive creditors! I have helped many a friend straighten their credit out because of deceptive practices... or identity theft!

The Gal Herself said...

I wish I had your money savvy. When I find myself in a financial fix (like now) I can never understand how I got here.

CountryDew said...

You have had an eventful life, and not necessarily in a good way.

I am Harriet said...

I said Girl Interrupted too. It was kind of disturbing

Zippi Kit said...

Wow, you have had a lot of close shaves! Ouch!

Some Credit card companies and Banks who issue cards are leechlike. Some very heartless and many low sorts reside there.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

April, I am glad you don't have such problems yourself.
You look very happy in your profile photo. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

The Gal Herself,
I have taken accounting classes. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

The Gal Herself,
We will make sure to include plenty of accounting in our children's homeschooling...this seems a very good idea.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

CountryDew,
It surprised me one day that my husband said I had more bad things happen to me than any person he has known. No pattern to them and pretty much not related at all. There were a couple of bad things I forgot and also an almost miscarriage and other pregnancy complications (I didn't include those because it wasn't my life in danger necessarily...and why we are unlikely to have more children...sad). I try not to dwell on it and my husband tells me if I am. I come from a long line of strong/stubborn people...so, that helps tremendously (grin).
I also have so many blessings in my life!!!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I am Harriet,
Yeah, I both like and really want to escape that movie. I think it is in the spindle here on my desk.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Zippi Kit,
Yes, the things that some credit card companies and banks manage to get away with are horrible.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5