Sunday, November 09, 2014

Moving Right Along in My World




-----Roid!: One woman's rage and struggle with Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's Disease. Tenative title. A blog column for now but I think I will be organizing it into a free ebook (unsure of no-cost platforms for this...maybe a peer-to-peer). What a project. When you are highly symptomatic, it is like the delicate balance experimenting that one has to employ if they are fighting diabetes. For instance, I have IBS, don't think gross as it usually manifests in not being able to go right now...I took stool softener...no, for two days...then I made oriental food which has oil in it....that worked in a most urgent manner twice....no, it wasn't my cooking, it was the cooking oil that finally helped. I am not one to just put up with the sudden weight gain or look of a triple chin that I am currently having. Hence 2015's project is born.
-----It is amusing that I like butterflies so much...that is what the thyroid is shaped like.
-----I earned 220 Kellogg's Family Rewards points today. I have no idea what we are saving towards.
-----I am about 20% of the way to earning the frequent flyer miles that I need for us to stay at least one night at the Hilton or Doubletree for a convention next year. :-) I hope I can get someone to give me a tour that I can cover on this blog. I love both hotels (and the famous Doubletree chocolate cookies are okay).
-----That convention we are going to is also looking more hopeful on me paying for the gas with Swagbucks. I just discovered that there is a Bing Reward that can get you (500)Swagbucks and have set that as my goal. You can convert the Bing Rewards into Swagbucks up to 50 times per account! I get 2 points for up to 10 searches each day...since I have not found a program for Google, I am going to go ahead and try Bing as my homepage for a while (especially since it has a little icon connecting to my Rewards account and showing my points). :-)
-----One way that I started earning Swagbucks tonight is to use the RadioLoyalty program. If Ubuntu lets it recogonize what I am doing, I will earn 5 Swagbucks for every half hour I listen. I am testing this as I type.
-----I don't understand people that pretend to be sober or spend great amounts of time talking others out of their sobriety. Some people just DON'T learn.
-----Discovered that our Toddler daughter likes The Black Crowes. :-)
-----I was looking online to order some deodorant (I have been earning points so I can pay for our hygiene products with gift cards...paying a bit more and it takes a lot of time but it is slowly freeing up money for bills and debt). It was interested to see that one tube of Secret was listed as "New" but with a noted expiration date of early 2010. Another thing to watch for. No surprise that this seller has the lowest rating I have ever seen on Amazon. Read those descriptions.
-----I found out that Garnier now has skincare products. I sent for a sample of a blackhead eliminating scrub and a sample of nourishing cleansing oil...both for oily skin. My samples should arrive in 6-8 weeks. Expect to see a review here. :-)



An essay that I need to write for a Philosophy and the Sciences class I am in:
"'In what way can philosophy or philosophical thinking contribute to the physical sciences? Give a clearly argued answer....."




One of tonight's bedtime stories.




A repeat bedtime story. We first watched this one last year when Toddler was still putting her toes in her mouth.

2 comments:

SecondVoice said...

Good luck with the book! It's an ambitious project but it might be really helpful to others once it's out there!

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the biggest get-paid-to website.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5