Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday 9 Meme
Theme: Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)


1) Are the majority of your friends married or single?
A mix of both...but a lot of the single people are divorced. I also have one friend who thinks they are both married and single...repeatedly. (disturbing).

2) Rings are one of the items most frequently pawned. Have you ever visited a pawn shop, either to sell or to buy?
Yes, once purchased as a memorial to a loved one, once sold to help a loved one and once sold for some reason I don't remember.


3) Let's say we want to put a ring on it: What's your ring size? 
I would have to get out a ring sizer. If I could afford such, I would buy this as it reminds me of my Mother (and it would be wonderful if I could have bought it for her).
Pre-owned 22.84ctw Rutilated Kunzite Cocktail Ring





4) Beyonce does commercials for Pepsi. What's the last beverage you drank?
Dragon's Breath....warmed mead with mulling spices and rum is our Fall tradition that we did last night. I did not have rum in mine. It's something you sip to stay warm. Medieval.

5) Beyonce also has a clothing line. What are you wearing right now?
Black and red striped pants and a t-shirt with a dragon.

6) Speaking of clothes, Sam was changing hers this morning when she unintentionally flashed her neighbor. She didn't realize he was working along the fence that runs under her bedroom window. Tell us one of your most embarrassing moments.
That kind of thing tends not to linger in my mind. I do have some that would qualify as mortifying in that people did very cruel and taunting things.
Recently, I did discover that the hand lotion I hated on my desk was actually leave-in conditioner.

7)  Rumor has it Beyonce is pregnant again. Coincidentally, Sam needs to check the Babys R Us registry for a shower present. Who will receive the next gift you give?
Taking my oldest son out for some Chicago Style pizza. :-)

8) But Sam doesn't actually want to go to the shower and is trying to come up a good excuse. Tell us a time you fibbed you told to get out of doing something.
About twenty years ago, I said I was sick to avoid a celebration where I knew no one and would likely be spending the day all by myself while surrounded by people. I don't usually tell this type of fib.

9) When did you last go inside the bank and talk to a teller?
Due to some unauthorized charges, I have not had a bank account for several years. Never sign up for Columbia House.

PARTICIPATE IN SATURDAY 9.  :-)



P.S. I wish there were a little more to Beyonce's dress at the top.

11 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I bet the conditioner did make a lousy hand lotion!

Kathy W said...

Is Columbia House still even around? There's a local wine here called "Witches Brew" that is like a mulled cider wine, it's very good warm..

lia said...

ugh, i do know someone who is married but thinks they're single. it is disturbing. :(

CountryDew said...

Dragon's breath sounds very good. I love cider anyway.

I had my credit card compromised; it is a pain. Sometimes I wish we would go back to cash basis.

I am Harriet said...

Dragon's Breath? That sounds interesting. Bet it was fun.

annieelf2012 said...

omigosh, Blue. Talk about knocking my socks off. You changed your blog format. I haven't actually been on your blog in a while. Facebook is so easy, I forget to visit. I. LOVE. IT.

Zippi Kit said...

Cash basis might give us other problems but it sure would be nice to not have cybercriminals from the other side of the earth dipping fingers in the money pot.

That ring is spectacular. I have some cobbles of rutilated quartz and that's what I thought it was at first. Kunzite is sparklier. Lovely ring.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Yes, Kwizgiver, it made a lousy lotion. It was slimy on the hands and wouldn't absorb....imagine that.I guess I was really tired when I first looked at the bottle that had been given to me. At least, I didn't try to keep using the whole bottle that way.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

By the way, Kwizgiver, awesome Sunday Stealing meme this week. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Kathy W,
I will have to look for Witches' Brew. Yes, Columbia House is still around...at least the DVDs and music...not sure about the book club.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Lia,
Yeah...and people like that sure know how to keep it so their life remains that way. I feel so bad for the spouse. :-(

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5