Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon
Hour 5

Pages read so far today: 96

What I'm Reading: A posthumous collection of short stories by Roger Zelazny entitled "The Last Defender of Camelot." He is one of my favorite authors and co-wrote the very hilarious "Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming." Most of the stories I am reading are beautiful yet sad. The theme that has run throughout so far is humanity...the value of life or what it means to be human.

Feeling: Glad that my reading is taking me away from some thoughts. It is a gloomy day and I am missing things that I had looked forward to.

On the stove: Rice getting ready to brown for Spanish Rice.

How are you doing?

3 comments:

Kate Midnight Book Girl said...

You're doing great! Spanish rice sounds delish. Keep on reading!

#TeamHughes

Sherry Ann said...

It sounds like you have an amazing library! I do love Dickens. Good look on your read-a-thon!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Sherry Ann,
Yes,
The kids have at least 500 books, Husband has a sci-fi collection, I had about a thousand miscellaneous books and I inherited about 5,000 of my Mother's favorites (all of which she had read and many are like childhood friends to me). We like books. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5