Saturday, October 18, 2014
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The United States. It is a gloomy day and we are missing a pumpkin patch due to weather and Husband being exhausted from several days of helping friends move. I am reading Roger Zelazny's short stories right now but they are all beautiful yet sad...I need some cheer.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Getting through 4 Dicken's stories.....850 pages. Well, at least I will finish Oliver Twist. I inherited the bulk of my Mother's books after she passed...so my stacks are a little different than most people's....they are literally shelved stacks like they do in old university libraries. There are probably about 8,500 books in our house (5,000 from my mother).
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Muffins. I am the queen of making muffins lately. I am especially experimenting with the different muffins that can be made with rye flour.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am a homemaker, editor and writer. I am in charge of most of our preschooler's homeschooling. I am married to a musician and artist. My favorite books are The New Living Translation Study Bible and Douglas Adam' Hitchhiker Trilogy.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my first Dewey's Read-a-thon and I am always happy to have something where my brain is interactive with literature for long/consistent periods.