Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour-Read-a-Thon
Mid-Event Survey


1. What are you reading right now?
I have just finished Roger Zelazny's short stories "Permafrost" and "Loki 7281." Most of the stories in this book, "The Last Defender of Camelot," have been about sentient robots, what it means to be human and the beauty/ugliness of human interactions.

2. How many books have you read so far?
A Disney boardbook for children to feel textures and 176 pages of Zelazny.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I need to finish Oliver Twist. It is the first story in the Dicken's book I am reading...a total of 850 pages when I am done.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes, children and the dog. Just our everyday life. :-)

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Both children took a nap at the same time. I am not getting to flit around the internet as much as I envisioned due to some sort of computer problem that I need to figure out and slow internet service...sigh. I have yet to drink coffee (but intend to soon).

Update: I went to sleep at some point because the kids and I are tired due to allergies...staying up all night was not a good idea for my health.
-----Anyway, I picked back up sometime around hour 22 with 7 pages of a recipe book. I worked out the turkey curry I am making this month.
-----Followed by "Winnie the Pooh:A Good Day for Ducklings with the kids. This is an interactive book with plenty of text. Children press buttons for sounds throughout and then play a number matching game at the end.I did not like that there were suddenly mentions of the Easter Bunny (we do not do this at our house and it is a bit of a touchy spot with relatives who keep giving us subtly Easter Bunny and Santa-themed things because they want us to).
-----Then, in Hour 24, we read "Barbie: On Your Toes" and listened to the children's favorite song because the book mentioned jumping. Preschooler and Toddler's favorite song is "Bounce (Radio Edit)" by Calvin Harris feat Kelis and they jump,bounce or do "Spinjitsu Spins" every time "bounce" comes up in the song.

3 comments:

Janel Kinlaw said...

Nice job! Enjoy the rest of the #readathon!

--Janel from #TeamHughes

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

If I am really going to stay awake, I probably need to drink a little coffee!

If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Janel. I hope this was a lot of fun for you.
By the way, you look so happy in your profile photo. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5