Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour-Read-a-Thon
Hour 9


Pages read today: 147

What I have read:
---A Disney Baby book where the kids can feel the textures. Toddler and Preschooler especially enjoy scratching Dumbo's ear for him. This is the second day in a row we have read this book.
---A re-read of a Roger Zelazny short story called "For a Breath I Tarry." I really like the ending. In this piece, Zelazny reminds me of the way I write...in fact I enjoyed it so much I did a monologue of "The Story of the Ancient Ore-Crusher" while I was at university.
---A Zelazny short story "The Engine at Heartspring's Center." Again, Zelazny reminded me of my writing style...intricate plot twists that involve a way of playing with the words for more impact. I felt bad for the main character.
---A Zelazny piece called "Halfjack." Very short and the ending reminded me a bit of some of the characters that Piers Anthony writes.
---Zelazny's "Home is the Hangman." A sort of Frankenstein tale.

Starting Zelazny's "Permafrost." It begins:
High upon the western slope of Mount Kilimanjaro is the dried and frozen carcass of a leopard.
An author is always necessary to explain what it was doing there because stiff leopards don't talk much.


No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5