This is the original by Willie "Sugar Billy" Garner.
Well, for some reason, I got the wrong questions.
I will leave these Billy Joel answers up....and put the Joss Stone answers below.
*shakes head at my mistake* :-)
1) This song begins with the story of a man who moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career as a comic. What comedian always makes you laugh?
I don't really watch any comedians consistently. The authors Douglas Adams and Roger Zelazny can always make me laugh.
2) The lyrics say, "You don't need to worry about me 'cause I'm alright." Tell us about a time when you had to reassure your family or friends.
Honestly, there hasn't been one to the extent that there should have been. All the people I have been around handle grief/tragedy in a pretty stoic manner and expect me to do the same. :-(
3) This song was the original theme of the Tom Hanks sitcom Bosom Buddies. Tom Hanks is a direct descendant of Nancy Hanks, Abraham Lincoln's mother. Is there anyone noteworthy, celebrated or infamous in your family tree?
Dictator, boxer, baseball player, painter.
4) Before going solo, Billy Joel was in bands called The Echoes, The Emeralds, The Hassles and Attila. What do you think would be a good name for a band?
The Baby Hugs....because my daughter just got done giving me sweet little hugs.
5) Billy Joel wrote one of his most famous songs, "Just the Way You Are," for his first wife, Elizabeth. Even though they divorced more than 30 years ago, fans still demand he perform the song in concert. Do you go out of your way to listen to songs that remind you of a long-ago lost love? Or do you avoid them?
I avoid the songs other than once or twice a year. There is one that I avoid totally as I don't really want to learn the lyrics...the song helped me through a tough time but would make me bitter now.
6) In 2008 Billy Joel had to return a $3,000,000 advance for his memoirs because he didn't finish them. Have you ever read a celebrity tell-all?
The one I remember is Priscilla's "Elvis and Me." I am not interested in these types of books.
7) Billy Joel was in a motorcycle accident and did irreparable damage to his left thumb. Are you comfortable on a motorcycle?
If there is a sissy bar and the driver is a veteran motorcycle rider. In some cities, I would not want to be on one at all...due to bad automobile drivers.
8) In addition to riding cycles, Billy enjoys sailing in Oyster Bay. Do your summer plans include time on a boat?
I wish. I am hoping that we get to do a cruise up the Mississippi next year. We are definitely planning a train trip this year.
9) Billy Joel is a popular college commencement speaker. If you were asked advice from the Class of 2014, what would you say?
1) The lyrics say, "I'm as proud as a girl can be." Tell us about something you're proud of.
I am proud of the fact that I am brushing up on my Spanish. I have been making rapid progress via Duolingo and I think I will be fully ready in a year for teaching the kids Spanish as a part of our homeschooling.
2) This song is from her first CD, The Soul Sessions. She's told interviewers that the first CD she ever owned was by Aretha Franklin: Greatest Hits. So while we're talking firsts, do you remember your first CD (or tape or record)?
The first thing I can remember listening to that was sort of mine was a book/record of "The Hobbit."
3) Last year, two men were convicted of plotting to kill Joss Stone. Even though she had (fortunately!) never even met the men, she still had to testify during their trial. Have you ever had to speak to a judge?
Yes. Oddly, I am now having a flashback of speaking to one at a traffic or housing court or something like that...a vague memory of something that was a big deal to me at the time. I remember how quickly everyone's "case" was handled. It bothers me how quickly a "speedy trial" can be over and how profoundly snap judgments can financially effect people.
4) Joss is frequently in the British press because of her friendship with Princes William and Harry. Who among your friends leads the most exciting life?
I guess different people for different reasons. I find myself being the trendsetter a lot....I both mind that flattering and draining. Sometimes, I have friends who constantly claim my ideas as their own and I don't get over that very easily.
5) Because of dyslexia, Joss had trouble in school and dropped out when she was 16. What's the last grade you completed?
Well, that is a complex one. Let us just say I have gotten much farther in actual credits and studies than on paper. Long story. Anyway, my highest degree will eventually be a Phd. in Environmental Engineering.
6) She provided the voice of the villainness for the James Bond video game, Blood Stone. Do you have a Playstation or Xbox?
We have an XBox and XBox 360.
7) Sam is especially crazy this morning because she can't find her phone. What's the last thing you misplaced?
My class ring. I thought it was lost because people were being careless but I had put it safely away because I noticed people were being careless. I was very relieved when I found it and a ring that Husband gave me which had dropped.
8) After composing this Saturday 9, Sam is off to Lowe's to pick up some heavy duty indoor/outdoor trash bags. Will you be in any stores this weekend?
No but I get to go spice shopping soon! That is exciting to me as spices are ridiculously priced in our city....5 dollars for things that are normally 99-cents.
9) Do you consider yourself more book smart, or street smart?
Book...but I am so much more street smart than I used to be.