Saturday, June 21, 2014
Saturday 9 Meme......
1) The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily?
Yes, and I am told that is unusual in today's day and age.
2) Prince is his real name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him "Skipper." Do you have any nicknames within your family?
Yes, one of these will be the name of my coffee haus (someday). :-)
3) Prince says he's "obsessed" with Mozart and reads whatever he can find about the composer. What's the last book you read?
I am currently reading a book of my mother's about a wagon train during the time the Mormons were both persecuted and aggressors..."The Fancher Train" by Amelia Bean. If this is the part of history I am thinking, there is no way this story will have anything close to a happy ending. The book came out in 1958 and my mother bought it in 1968...one of her first couple hundred books (she would go on to have and read THOUSANDS).
4) Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle.
Our vehicle is not a much-sung about car...but a much sung-in car. My husband is a musician and also I anticipate many sing-alongs as Toddler and Preschooler get older.
5) In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2014, how do you hear new music?
The "Discover" function on Spotify. Last night I was listening to "Hey Brother" by Avicii which was recommended because I like some Calvin Harris songs.
6) In 1982, when "Little Red Corvette" ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly?
Over a decade ago and there was turbulence.
We usually drive. I love trains and I am hoping we can take the little ones on their first Amtrak trip this Summer.
7) 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park?
Walt Disney World...Magic Kingdom, parts of Hollywood Studios and parts of Epcot.
I was hoping we could go to Disneyland when Husband displays some artwork this year...but it does not look like we will be able to come up with a way of affording either going to the park or getting the artwork to California. :-(
8) 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where "everybody knows your name." Tell us about your favorite local bar or restaurant.
We like a local spaghetti house with great prices. I love that the garlic bread tastes slightly sweet and it is a similar spaghetti house that first acquainted me with the idea of sugar in spaghetti sauces.
9) The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis?
Not in a long time. I wish I could get Husband to play with me.