Saturday, June 01, 2013

"(Amazing) Just the Way You Are"


1) This song is about a girl who can't accept how pretty she is. How do you respond to compliments? Do you accept them graciously, or do you get embarrassed?
It depends on the compliment. Sometimes I am just surprised. If it is a good compliment, I try really hard to keep being that way.

2) Bruno says he takes inspiration from a variety of musical styles -- everything from rock to reggae to hip hop. What kind of music do you listen to most often?
I am very eclectic. Reggae and rap are what I would say I listen to least.

3) Bruno's uncle was a professional Elvis impersonator, and as a little boy Bruno also performed on stage as the King. When you picture Elvis, do you think of early rock'n'roll Elvis from the 1950s, Technicolor Hollywood Elvis of the 1960s, or the rhinestone jumpsuit Elvis who performed in Las Vegas?
Elvis from the '69 combat who wore the black leather. This was the Elvis who was the most verbally playful. Elvis' sense of humor made me smile.

4) Bruno plays several instruments onstage, including piano, guitar and congas. What instruments can you play?
I am learning to play acoustic guitar through a course offered in conjunction with Coursera and Berklee College of Music.

5) Bruno is touring all over the country this summer. What's the last concert you attended?
A folk music festival last Fall. I have been pregnant, on bedrest and now have a newborn. Normally, I go to shows more often.

6) Unlike some other stars, Bruno doesn't demand a lot of luxuries on the road, but he did admit to TMZ that he insists Wet Wipes be provided for his dressing room. If you could ask your boss for anything, anything at all, to make your workplace more comfortable, what would you request?
I am a homemaker and do various writing jobs (I have just started on getting paid for this again). I would like to bring my comfy rocking chair out of storage and I would like a nice leather chair for my desk.

7) Rumors are flying that Bruno might become a judge on American Idol. Are you an Idol fan? Do you watch any of the other "talent search" shows -- The Voice, America's Got Talent, The X Factor, etc.?
I sometimes watch The Voice with friends.

8) Bruno is an unapologetic cigarette smoker. Do you smoke? Have you quit? Or did you never start?
I have smoked in my lifetime but have never felt an addiction. Maybe I could count the amount of packs that I have smoked on one hand....inhaling way less. I have tried a few puffs of cigars and pipes.

9) Billy Joel also had a hit with the title "Just the Way You Are." If we were going to do karaoke, which version would you sing -- Billy's or Bruno's?
I guess Billy's though I have heard neither.


PARTICIPATE IN SATURDAY 9. :-)




________________________________________________

SOME OF THE MUSIC I HAVE LISTENED TO THIS MONTH
COMPILED FROM SOME OF MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
I LISTEN TO A LOT OF MUSIC
TOLD YOU I WAS ECLECTIC


I have been a fan for a long time. Recently, this song served as a post reminding Husband to take out the trash. :-)
I have to figure out what song to remind Husband of taking out the trash next.



I am going to this festival. The footage is from the late,great Cornerstone Festival. The song is awesome and I need to find out what it is.



Toddler is into Darth Vader lately. Just before he started saying it a lot, I heard him say "elevator." I am not sure if he was confused or Darth Vader was in an elevator.



"Sail" by Awolnation is Toddler's favorite song. He asks to watch "Grinding the Crack" and talks about how he (Jeb Corliss) is looking for the balloons.



Prince's new video. 
A surprising mix of Lenny Kravitz and Jimmy Hendrix...that was my first reaction. 
Definitely not the Prince we are all used to.












I am not a Yoko fan.



Pretty.




Both Toddler and Newborn have liked this. I am not sure what the reason for the choice of a floating eyeball was.

Oh...and here is the find of my morning so far. A recipe for CHICKEN Gyros!

5 comments:

**** April **** said...

eclectic indeed!

Congratulations on your little bundle. :)

I have a three year old I'll trade ya! I love the newborn stage even with the sleep loss. This three year old is going to be the death of me. :o/

The Gal Herself said...

Black Leather Elvis is a great choice! Paul McCartney himself has said that the Jimi Hendrix "Sgt. Pepper" is amazing/awesome. And your answer to #9 made me smile -- I don't think I've been to a wedding reception in the last 25 years that didn't include a band or DJ playing Billy Joel's Just the Way You Are.

I am Harriet said...

My son had a friend who went to the Berklee College of Music.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

April,
Thank you. No trading :-)...but I understand as our toddler is very, very athletically-inclined. Between nursing and keeping up with Toddler, I am getting back to pre-pregnancy shape fast.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I still have not heard the Billy Joel version but just discovered that I know the Bruno Mars cover from a frequent commercial or something like that.
#feelingmorecultured

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5