Friday, May 03, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal; May 3, 2013


In my life this week…
Doctor's appointment for Tiny One. This means Little One got stickers and a coloring page (a highlight and a new tradition for when he goes to his sister's doctor appointments). Our doctor is in demand so both children now have all appointments scheduled out for the next year! I really like the doctor as he looks into every concern even if he is pretty certain of the answer and he actually REALLY, REALLY interacts with the children.  :-)

In our homeschool this week…
Toddler  pre-school. We sing a countdown song about "5 Green Speckled Frogs" and look at a bullfrog picture. There have been several episodes of "Little Einstein" this week. Playing outside while the weather was nice for a change...slide, swing, getting pulled around on a cart (and talking about how the wheels turn). Reading a book that has construction vehicles that Little One has not encountered before. Put up a wolf poster (Little One got to pick the location...which, for some reason, was Daddy's dresser). I took a nighttime walk with Little One and we talked about the moon, the stars and worms (he just missed seeing a nightcrawler). Outdoor play with a variety of bottles including squirting.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Little One and Daddy movie outing. Little One has been on a lot of "Adventures" (what we call short trips for errands). Plans for two music festivals, a convention, visiting family and the wedding of some friends.

My favorite thing this week was…
---Little One says "I love you" often now. He came up to me and hugged my back while saying, "I love you so much, Mommy."
---Watching both children sleeping. Especially if they are napping near each other.

My kiddo’s favorite thing this week was…
Little One: Playing with a variety of empty plastic bottles.
Tiny One: Seems to recognize name at times, interested in big brother and excited to nurse. I think she's a happy baby. :-)

Things I’m working on…
-----Learning to play the guitar for my children. I am taking a class and I aced the guitar parts quiz. This weekend I start actual playing.
-----Figuring out the arrangements for Tiny One's Dedication. I intend us to do a lot of preparing, both as far as the event and being spiritually ready, so this will be very educational for our toddler.
-----Little One knows how to scroll the phone and has a big technology vocabulary. I am working on finding some Android Apps for him. SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. I am looking for games that we can play on the phone and ebooks for the tablet.

I’m cooking…
A vegetable soup with chicken broth this evening. We made a (wineless) veggie paella the other night.

I’m grateful for…
Two friends getting married, a lot of opportunities to be involved in various ministries, a friend has asked me to teach them how to blog for the ministry work that they do, a soft bed at the end of a long day.
---Little One "read" his first word yesterday. He had told me that the label on a mattress said "Daddy" and I told him that it said "bottom." Daddy was amazed yesterday when Little One walked up to the mattress, pointed and said, "That says bottom."

I’m praying for…
A new vehicle when we need one.

I rewarded my kids this week by…
Little One is seeing a movie with Daddy.
Magnum bar on the patio

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
Copies of newborn photos for the relatives (Tiny One). Target Mobile has a coupon for 40 prints that expires today plus they are on sale....making my photos FREE.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
We like going to thrift stores. This was a find a while back.
Note: I said find...NOT purchase. :-)

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5