Friday, April 26, 2013

I am a sciatic super heroine.



Recently I read that TENS Units (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulators) can sometimes help with sciatica. I am a frequent sciatica suffer and need all the help I can get as it really affected me during pregnancy and has been an issue since. It was the same way with Little One (only just during pregnancy). This means that I have endured two bouts of about a year each of DAILY sciatica issues....pain relief would be nice.

Visit LGMedSupply Online :-) There is a 3-year warranty on all units, free nationwide shipping over $100 and a most impressive assortment.
This company even has an online customer blog.


Muscle Stimulators
I have a friend who is recovering from a surgery that removed muscles in her thigh (cancer). I am going to bring up with her that a device like this might help with re-education of what remains of the muscles. There is even a  LG-TEC Dual Combo TENS Unit and Muscle Stimulator that can also help with the pain that she sometimes still gets.


Of course, I am crazy and I will not let the sciatica get the best of me.
What do I mean by this?
When I get the go-ahead for full exercise from my doctor, I am going to start training for a couple of marathons. Apparently, many people with sciatica managed to successfully run marathons without aggravating the sciatica. I will research and I will be one of those marathon runners within the next three years. :-)

So far, I am planning on running two marathons:
---Walt Disney World Marathon. Some of the runs during this marathon weekend actually sell out! I would like to be in good enough shape and have a good enough sciatica-management strategy to run the last (and main event of that weekend). A race through all four parks will be a wonderful accent to one of the two Disney trips that I plan for our Little Ones. :-)
---Sigh. Well this may be the end of my plans for the second marathon. I wanted to run the Grand Canyon Marathon but the permit was not obtainable for them to hold the event this year. It is thought that this will be a precedent for future years. MAYBE I WILL JUST HAVE TO RUN DISNEY TWICE. :-)    :-)    :-)



_____________________________________

I read a tidbit that was not explained further but I will be looking into....most definitely looking into. Running can make sciatica painful but CAN POSSIBLY HELP IN TREATMENT!!!  :-)

Speaking of  marathons.....
Kudos to  the Key Bank City Marathon (Burlington, Vermont). They opened up 150 more slots for next month's marathon...to accommodate Boston Marathoners who couldn't finish. There will be no registration fee for those runners. AWESOME!


This post is a work-in-progress. :-)

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5