Wednesday, December 19, 2012

-----Rabbit Enchiladas with Red Mole
-----Mole Verde Zacatecano (Zacatecas-Style Green Mole With Chicken)
-----Pork Tenderloin with Green Apple Mole

Tex-Mex Fideo. Last night's dinner.
This is a lot different than what I normally do for fideo....so I have been excited about making it for two months. A low cholesterol recipe. I used green onions sauteed in olive oil. By the end, the green parts looked burnt for a while...but the flavor was wonderful after boiling down in the water. I put a teaspoon of minced garlic (from a jar) after cooking the onions for a while. I added two teaspoons of minced garlic after browning the vermicelli. I used 7 pickled hot chili peppers with the seeds removed (instead of the green chilies). The green-yellow color of the pepper pieces was easy to pick out for Little One's bowl. Little One devoured this dish and even had seconds...also insisted on using fingers for the first helping (this means noodles are really liked). For the tomato sauce, I used an can of tomato paste and an equal amount of water (I think it was 8 oz. but might have been a 4 oz. can). Vermicelli, as always. was a pain with little pieces splitting when breaking it and bigger pieces flying out when working with the spatula. It was hard to determine how much room the vermicelli would have to move around without making a mess or being immovable...or I would have made more noodles and chopped more onions. Next time, I will use the traditional angel hair pasta (the kind from the Hispanic section or Mexican grocery...not a box). I would recommend actually turning the pasta with the spatula at times as if you were making an egg (especially if using the delicate green onion tops as I did). WE WILL BE MAKING THIS AGAIN. :-)

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5