Monday, November 19, 2012

Misc. Recipes and Food.....

-----I want to try Hummus Mashed Potatoes. My friend who REALLY likes hummus said that these don't sound good...but I will make them and have her taste them when I do. I still think they might be good mashed potatoes.
-----Chicken with Tahini Sauce. The sauce is served over cardamom-spiced chicken. 3 health benefits of tahini.

-----Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. I wanted to try it both ways...topped with crumbled bacon and topped with shiso leaves. I have never cooked with shiso leaves but it should provide a lighter taste than the bacon.
~ ~ ~ I still need to make Chive and Parsley Mashed Potatoes (nice green color and recipe uses basic ingredients). I wonder if I could use the chive and parsley oil for some other dishes. :-)
~ ~ ~ Looking for "soy sauce mashed potatoes" is producing the weirdest results. No, I don't want an actual recipe for this.:-)

-----Smoked Ribs with Guinness BBQ Sauce


-----Bacon-Wrapped Pork with Spicy Mango-Basil Relish. Sounds like it might be interesting to try.

-----Cilantro Pepita Dressing and Dip. A low carb recipe.

---A McCormick (spices) commercial just referred to Thanksgiving as the most important meal of the year.
---I like the way that Rachel Ray gets tomatoes so they are easily peeled....by putting them in an ice bath. Something Rachel said that I have never noticed is why she likes the panko bread crumbs...they are "big and snowflake-like."
---You know you are tired when someone on TV says "low-sodium chicken broth" and you hear "Minnesota-ian chicken broth." :-)

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5