Friday, May 11, 2012

THURSDAY THIRTEEN.....

1. Married Life Experiment:
 Starting from when I type this, I have decided to go a month without complaining. This is inspired by "A Complaint Free World." Hmmm.....how many times will I have to start over? What exactly constitutes a complaint vs. commentary? This should be interesting.
---I have decided not to tell my Husband that I am doing this. :-) He doesn't read my blog.
---"Kind words are short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless."-Mother Teresa

2. Little Pig, Little Pig.....

2005 or 2006.
Thrift shop find on a day when I needed a smile.
We named him/her Frankenswine before we knew it was a cow.
He/she has stiches, a patch that is sewn on, and a tail like Eeyore's (this is all painted on).
Still doesn't have a last name.
What is a good last name for this cow? :-)

3.

4. Abundant Life Seeds.
-----If you live in the United States, this company will send a FREE catalog. :-)
-----I signed up for the e-mail newsletter. It sometimes includes info on internet only specials and sale items. The site does not say how often this newsletter is published.
-----I would like to get Amish Salad Tomato seeds. They are organic, highly prolific and sweet. A rare heirloom.
-----We have ordered Tigger Melon seeds (though I don't know if we ordered them from Abundant Life Seeds). I will post photos if they grow.
-----Pumpkin-On-A-Stick. They are not actually pumpkins. A cousin of the eggplant family.Can be used in fresh or dried flower arrangements. These would bring a smile to my Autumn.



5.
I think these were flowers from Mother-in-Law.


6.
Spring Grove Cemetery. Cincinnati. August 2011

7. Google's Driverless Toyota Prius will be test-driven on Nevada roads.

I wasn't really sure at first what the point of having a driverless car is. Is it being asserted that it is safer to let a computer make the safety decisions? I could see this as being useful to the disabled. Texting, infant nursing and family time could easier/possible. I don't know that I would be that trusting of a computer...seriously, look at how reliable your average laptop or PC is. Wow.
Considering the driving skills of some people, a computer-driven car would CERTAINLY be a better option.
I just found the proposed benefits of these cars.

8.
At least two masseurs are accusing John Travolta of sexual battery.
Mr. Travolta is, of course, planning to countersue for malicious prosecution.
Considering the way the cases are being handled, winning a defamation case could be hard.

9. Garlic and Cumin Marinated Strip Steaks with Chunky Guacamole

10.
---An 800-pound woman has found love and is getting married to a chef. The love and getting married part is good, of course....but she is also trying to break the record for being the heaviest woman! In order to break the record, she will have to weigh over 1,200 pounds! I hope she changes her mind about trying to break the record.
---Those who are obese (and don't have health issues that hinder weight loss) should pay higher insurance premiums? 

11. On my Pinterest:
---Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders and Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu are the latest recipes that I have added to my Chicken recipes board. I plan on us trying the Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu this month. :-)

12. Bison:
---Health benefits of bison. I snagged the chart below from this link to show you what I mean.

---I discovered that there is Bison Tare Tare. I have never tried but never will try anything tare tare....this is one of the few food adventures that crosses the line for me.
Recipes:
---Bison and Red Wine Shepherd's Pie
---"Bison in a Sleeping Bag"
---Bison Stew. A lot of vegetables (including rutabaga).

13.


Speaking of queens:
---Will Drag Queen Bingo become more of a trend?

This post is a work-in-progress. :-)
Update: Another one I almost finished....but did not finish...go figure. That happens sometimes. :-)

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I really like the "complaint-free month" idea!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

It is making me think a lot. I have to get myself to remember that I am doing this. I also want to try governing my thoughts better...not just things I utter. I suppose I should make this activity apply to everyone and not just my spouse.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5