Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thursday Thirteen.....

1. "An orange a day may keep strokes at bay."
This relates to strokes caused by blood clots. A lot of other health benefits are listed. I was surprised to learn that Seville oranges and tangelos may interfere with some medicines in the same way that grapefruit does. I liked that this article contained recommendations of ways to eat citrus.

2. You learn so much more about organizations nowadays. I find myself un-liking due to things a company said on Facebook often.
---The companies that actually don't have any intention of truly interacting with society....they just want to manipulate people into buying their "product."
---Companies that say things which are insensitive...like "don't give up our product." This was obviously referring to Lent.

3. Papertoys.com

4. Recipes I found on Relish:
-----Raspberry Mousse Tart. Colorful and I want to try the almond meal crust.
-----Sautéed Radishes. Easy to make. I need to explore more by Chef John Ashton. I would think about these as a Thanksgiving side but need to know how they taste after having sat on the table through a meal.
-----Coconut Shortcakes with Mango, Kiwi and Strawberry
-----Herbed Buffalo Burgers
-----Honey Cheesecake. I think Husband will love this one.

5. Recipe website find: "Ladies, a Plate"
-----Pineapple Meringue Shortcake. I need to learn what vanilla essence is and if I can find a substitute for it. I have started a "Shortcakes" board on Pinterest.

6. Looks incredibly yummy:
-----Key Lime Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling and Blackberry Frosting. The color in the buttercream frosting is totally from the blackberries. Hmm.....I want to come up with other uses for the frosting.


This post is a work-in-progress. :-)
Well....I didn't end up finishing it and I am now going to start fresh for next week.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I like that point at the top of the post about oranges and strokes. My mother had a stroke and eventually passed from it due to complications related to the stroke. I will start eating more oranges.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5