Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thursday Thirteen.....

1.
Coaster I eventually want to get a set of.
I have temporarily misplaced the name of the artist.


2.
I felt sorry for this turkey.
Part of a temporary petting zoo. 
Sadly, I found a permanent petting zoo online where the cage was only SLIGHTLY bigger.
If the turkey would have somehow flown away, I would have applauded. 

3. LOVELAND CASTLE (Loveland, Ohio):


Resurrection Lilies.
The foliage comes up by itself ...
and these flowers  on stalks come up as a surprise later.
I want to try growing them. 

4.
Roses at the hotel in Liberty, Kentucky.
We went to a music festival.
Small town.....has only one hotel and no all-night restaurants.

5. THE FAMILY AND  LOVED ONES OF  THOSE LOST IN THE ITALIAN CRUISE SHIP WRECK ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

6. George Lucas plans to retire from making big movies. There may still be another Indiana Jones.

7. Recipe:
Greek Gingered Pear Drink. Simple recipe.

8. Recipes Using Bourbon:
Nutella Bourbon Cookies
Bourbon Meatloaf. Uses a 1/4 cup of bourbon. The recipe is from Harry's Bar & Grill in Milwaukee.

9.  12 New Year's resolutions for the TSA.

10.  "What Does It Mean to Be From Kentucky?" Humorous.

11.
In My Life:
-----I finished reading "Son of a Witch." It is a part of the "Wicked" series (in case you didn't know or guess).  I did not like this as much as "Wicked" as it was not as fast-paced. I suppose the pacing of the book truly reflected the indecision and pace of the main character's life. I want to look up some of the many words I did not know in this book...particularly to find out what things are real. I especially want to know what plants and foods mentioned in this book (and the previous one) are real. I thought the ending was pretty clever.
-----I gave my Mother "Son of a Witch" when I was finished with it. I bought her the first book when she was hospitalized and she liked it a lot.
-----I have been watching some tutorials on how to do latte art. I was surprised to discover, it should not be too difficult to learn.
-----We took the little one to have professional photos done. Leaving the store was very cute...we were walking slowly because the parking lot was slippery in places and because Little One was holding onto the foot of the beloved stuffed dinosaur (Little One was in Daddy's arms and the big dinosaur was in mine).
-----I am finally on Pinterest. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting an invite. It turns out that it had gotten lost in all the e-mails I get and I could have been on there back in June!

12.  There is a new virus that may have time to raid your bank account without being noticed!!!

13. SPRING GROVE:

Ducks.
Cincinatti, Ohio 

I thing Husband took this photo. :-)
One of the 15 lakes in the cemetery. 

A pretty exit.

7 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Love the gargoyle.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

It is really nice. I never thought of it...but I wonder if this was made by one of the "Knights" (vs. purchased somewhere). I would like to know who made this and will have to ask. :-)

CountryDew said...

Nice photos. I had never heard of pinterest until yesterday and now I see you have mentioned it. I will have to look it up.

Brenda ND said...

I'm fond of Resurrection Lilies too. Thanks for sharing.

http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/01/ask-editor.html

colleen said...

Nice varied collection of photos. I don't know what pinterest is yet.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

CountryDew and Colleen-
Pinterest.com
It is very useful/fascinating especially when you start gathering people with like interests. Among other things, I have been using it to keep track of dishes I want to include on our monthly menus. It is somewhat like Twitter with pictures or Facebook Timeline.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Brenda-
I had not seen them before we went to Ohio and Kentucky last year. :-) I hope the y like the soil in our yard....which only sees to grow tomatoes, peppers and flowers.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5