Tuesday, November 01, 2011

In My Life.....

-----All Saints' Day. One year husband and I each picked a saint and told each other what we learned. Today, I have been thinking about holidays and celebrations...what they mean to me, what the don't mean to me.....what they should and shouldn't be. I don't know that all saints performed miracles attributed to them and why do modern-day saints often do so only after death?? I am going to bring this up for discussion in prayer/study group.
    ~A Day in the Life of St. Francis. Video that is animated, poetical and full of smiles. Of course, with a very important lesson at the end. I wish that I could find a way to get YouTube videos to embed properly while using "Blogger in Draft."

-----I found a recipe to use a fairly large red buttercup squash. It was not easy to find recipes for buttercup squash. Acorn squash is similar, though drier, so we are making either Martha Stewart's Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with Horseradish and Apples or her Acorn Squash Lasagna.      I have still to find a recipe for Flying Saucer squash that I like.


No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5