Sunday, November 20, 2011

Adventures with Capers.....
Capers With Capers :-)


 Next month we are trying some recipes using capers.

Things I have learned about capers:
~ They have a  lot of vitamins and minerals
~ Some people add even more salt when they make a dish containing capers (which are already high in salt).

I want to learn about capers:
~ Specifically, what vitamins and minerals do they have?

We are trying next month:
-----Tomatoes, cucumbers and capers with homemade Italian dressing. No lettuce. I am leery of bagged lettuce lately and don't feel like going through the trouble of fresh (we don't own a salad spinner).

-----Chef Meg's Simple Zucchini Caponata. We may actually make this tonight. :-) We will add capers, canned tuna, sweet onion, minced garlic, basil and red bell pepper. I am tentatively calling our version "Butterfly Caponata."
~ I noticed that this recipe calls for trimming the ends of the eggplant and zucchini. Who doesn't do that??

I would like to try:
Potato Salad With Tuna, Capers and Anchovy Vinaigrette.  I have never had anchovies where I could discernibly taste them. Husband does not like them but maybe I could persuade him sometime. What dishes do you like that have anchovies in them?

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5