Saturday, June 11, 2011

Master Chef USA
Season 2, Episode 1 & 2



-----There was a lady auditioning who was wearing a tiara.
-----I cannot find any info about the crates of vegetables that were in the background. The label says "Venerable."

RECIPES I FOUND ALONG THE VEIN OF "COCONUT CURRY LENTIL SOUP:
~~~ Coconut-Curry Lentil Stew Served Over Quinoa. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
~~~ Coconut Red Lentil Soup.

-----I have never tasted a real curry. I do not count the curry that I have tasted at a fast food oriental restaurant or the curry that I had at an Indian buffet.
-----I have not cooked with sriracha.  I have tasted it at plenty of Oriental restaurants. I know that sriracha is often used as a glaze for Buffalo Chicken Wings and wonder what that would taste like.
-----(Recipes involving making/using sriracha will go here.)
-----After this I will remember how to spell "sriracha."
-----Raspberries, salmon,chipotle,grits. That had to be an interesting taste. I have tried and cannot imagine these flavors working together....BUT every dish has an off day. The ingredient that I can't wrap my head around is the raspberries.
-----I did not like the comment that Gordon made about Alice D'Antoni Phillips' age. I am glad that this comment did not make it to airing. I found Alice's Facebook page-"What's For Dinner? Ally's Kitchen."
-----Kiln, Mississippi. I had never heard of it. Kiln is near Biloxi. There is a group on Facebook that posts Old Biloxi recipes.
-----Jambalaya With Alligator and Sausage. Has Albert actually tasted toad? I am cheering for Masterchef to at least make the life of this Katrina-survivor better.
-----(Racoon recipes will go here.)
-----Rattlesnake recipes will go here.)
-----(Bobcat recipes will go here.) I have a relative who thinks they saw a bobcat in their forest....I doubt it occurred to them that it could be an entree.
-----(Possum recipes and a discussion of why one would dislike eating possum will go here.)
-----Nice line about your hope for the "Shipwreck Stew," Joe. :-)
-----If I were a fireman, I would try to avoid burning anything on the show...just invites a comment.

_______________________________________




-----We got to see the lady with the tiara.
-----Did they really show Christine's father pulling the skin off that squirrel?
-----Soft Shell Crab With Cream Polenta and Coleslaw
-----Not good when your dish smells bad.
-----Homemade chorizo

-----There are several recipes for Redneck Sushi on the internet. Hmmm.
~~~ A humorous example of Redneck Sushi.

-----It would be cool to see a molecular gastronomist as the next MasterChef.
-----"toothsomeness"
-----Why does it seem easier for them to have a comraderie with the men?

_____________________________________

WHAT THE JUDGES EAT AT HOME:


___________________________________________

The Dalai Lama will be a guest on MasterChef Australia. Being a "judge," in the strictest sense of the word, goes against his religious beliefs. The spaghetti photo for this story amused me. :-)

This post is a work-in-progress. :-)

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5