Tuesday, April 19, 2011

O is for Onion.



-----How to grow onions from the supermarket. This is the process for extracting seeds. We plan to add this to our urban farming efforts sometime this year. :-)
-----Sweet Onion Strata
-----Zucchini With Vidalia Onions With Balsamic Vinegar. Side dish that is good for hot summer days.
-----Sweet Onion Squares. Have a biscuit mix crust and sour cream topping.
-----Onion and Mushroom Pie. Uses caraway seeds (one of my pet ingredients recently...I especially liked using them when we made a sauerkraut stuffing to go with duck).
-----Onion-Cheese Bread. Includes poppy seeds.
-----Sweet Onion Pudding. "Serve this with pork, lamb, or beef, along with potatoes and a tossed salad or a steamed green vegetable such as asparagus."
-----How to freeze onions. I definitely will be doing this. We are always running out of onions (usually not a good thing though it did make a happy accident resulting in an almost-perfect potato soup recipe I am working on).
________________

Speaking of letters...the "C is for cookie and that is good enough for me" of Cookie Monster. I wonder what he sings about now. A friend told me that Cookie Monster is now a vegetarian and cannot eat chocolate chip cookies. Is this true?

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5