Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In My Life.....

-----I talked with my Mother this evening. We went through a scare that her cancer was growing again. She has a skin infection...NOT the return of the cancer!!! :-)
-----I finished "The Tender Bar"-a memoir by J.R. Moehringer. It is about a young man who essentially grows up at a bar. The book had humor and made me think about how children relate to their parents.
-----I am re-reading "The Hitchhiker's Trilogy." My copy was a present from Husband and is in need of repair after being read so much.
-----I have started reading "The Salmon of Doubt." I have read most, if not all, of it before....but not in one sitting. For those that don't know, this is a collection of what was left on Douglas Adams' Macintosh computers after his death. It is obvious from my reading habits that I am a Douglas Adams fan.
-----I obviously missed something. While watching Jeopardy today, I learned of the term  "Nascar Dad." I believe I have heard this in-passing but I certainly did not notice when it was a popular term.
-----Excited about going to GothiCon (Cincinatti, August 19th-21st). I need to start thinking of what I will wear for the Parasol Parade. I have many Victorian,etc. clothing patterns but I am not sure if I will have time to have someone sew me such a costume.

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5