Monday, April 04, 2011

C is for Cantaloupe.



-----Almond Ice.  Fruit salad recipe from Hawaii. Features "ice cubes" that don't melt.
-----Cantaloupe Bread With Praline Glaze. "This excellent bread is very moist and has the texture of pumpkin or zucchini bread. Can puree and freeze extra cantaloupe to make bread in the off season."
-----Cantaloupe and Strawberry Shake.  A simple recipe.
-----Spiced Cantaloupe Butter. A review says that it tastes similar to apple butter.
-----Blue Cheese Apple Salad. I have not seen cantaloupe and apples combined before.
-----Avocado and Cantaloupe Salad with Creamy French Dressing
-----Almond Melon Tart
-----Cantaloupe Nut Bread.  This one did not get very good reviews.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

The cantaloupe butter does sound delicious- I'll whip up a batch and report back. :)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Please do let me know how it turns out. I love when people try my recipe suggestions....a nice thing about the internet.

I myself am intimidated by canning...someday I will have the courage to overcome the boogie man stories that have been instilled in me about how dangerous it is. Logically, I know I should be able to master canning-I just keep remembering all the "advice" not to do it as there is danger of injury.
Hmmm.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I put advice in quotes for a reason...but that would be a long story that I haven't fully figured out yet. Thought I would explain (in case it seemed a bit of a strange thing to say). Life can be complex.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5