Friday, April 01, 2011

A is for Avocado :-)




-----Peruvian Roast Chicken With Avocado Salad. A lot of detail is put into cooking the chicken. A simple salad.
-----Avocado and Fruit Salad
-----Avocado and Cantaloupe Salad with Cream French Dressing
-----Sweet Pea and Avocado Guacamole.
-----Avocado Salad With Ginger and Peanuts
-----Avocado Lavender Coffee Cake. Includes a video.







_____________________

-----If you don't know how, here is a video that tells how to cut an avocado.
_____________________


---A five ingredient recipe.
---I occasionally use canned chicken but I know that is not the healthiest thing. I hope that the chicken she is using in the video is organic.
---She mentioned Big Mac's (and not in a good way).  I should try out this low carb (and lower calorie) version of a Big Mac.
---I did not know that one could buy frozen avocado slices. I wonder how much frozen avocado slices cost and how easy they are to find. I am not buying frozen avocado slices anytime soon...but might see if I can figure out a simple way to freeze them myself.


_____________________


___________________


"Reduces a cut avocado's exposure to air, greatly slowing the destructive oxidization process."
---According to the reviews so far, it works well.
---I am glad to see that it is dishwasher safe. I would like to get an Avo Saver at some point and I am adding it to my Amazon wish list.
_____________________

3 comments:

Julia said...

Yum! We love avocados! Always looking for new recipes! Thanks!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I like avocados,too. I enjoy making pico de gallo and having them sauteed w/other veggies in a pasta dish we make. I plan to find more avocado-related items for the upcoming "A to Z Blogging Challenge."

yingboonliang said...

Good blog.Thanks for share.If you are in Bangkok then you must visit Good restaurants Bangkok

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5