Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thursday Thirteen.....

1. Hand-movement control might give clues to ADHD severity.

2.
The world's happiest countries.


3.
A grandma was a surrogate Mother for her own grandchild.

4. Must investigate:
---A band called "Thou Shalt Not." Brother's friend recommends them. I have heard of them before but never heard their music. I believe Thou Shalt Not is a Christian band.
---Ocean Spray's new Sparkling Juice Drinks. I want to try the Cranberry and the Pomegranate Blueberry. There are two other flavors which are the same....but diet. I am not interested in trying the diet versions. I am a big fan of both cranberry juice and pomegranate (the juice or otherwise).

5.Many baby wipes contain carcinogens, chlorine and alcohol.
I knew about the chlorine and alcohol....but CARCINOGENS???!!! Why would a company not instantly remove something they knew to be carcinogenic (surely there have to be other alternatives and they should feel a moral/humane obligation).
---Group finds carcinogens in kids' bath products. Many of the products tested contain formaldehyde.
---FDA knew of plant that made tainted baby wipes :-(

6. Cupcake Love:

Apparently, more than one couple has used the cupcakes from Crumb's Bake Shop to communicate a message of love. The descriptions of these cupcakes sound so YUMMY. This was a special order at their Upper East Side store.

7. How to grow a square watermelon

8. Busytown Mysteries

9.


10. Turkey: 
-----Turkey Burgers with Cajun Grilled Onions.We may try this next month.
-----Spicy Cinnamon Deep Fried Turkey

11. A very interesting 30-Course dinner.

12. Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Sage

13. Scientists will try to use Amelia Earheart's saliva to figure out what happened to her.

11 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Very interesting article about ADHD!

::mingle::

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews said...

I love the cupcake proposal!

I just found you through one of the Monday blog hops. Have a great week!

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Kwizgiver~
Yes, the ADHD article was interesting. I have known one person with ADHD and I would say that the hand movement theory might be true about them.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

By the way, Kwizgiver~
I am glad to see that you are still Mingling. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Amanda-
I hope you have a great week,too. Good to meet you.

The cupcakes look and sound so yummy...great ingredients. I want to make something similar. I like the little hearts in the middle.

Ron. said...

Come Spring, I'm definitely cubing the melons! Thankss

Mercy said...

#6, so sweet. Happy T13!

Pearl said...

5. people will sell whatever. the consumer has to look out for the consumer.

carcinogens are in shampoos too and in Robin Hood whole wheat flour as sold in Canada. The ingredient is banned in Europe by regulation bodies there.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Ron-
I think that it is nice that the melon thing has no impact on the environment or on the way melons are genetically engineered....just something neat to do. I would eventually like to try this with other produce and making other shapes. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Mercy-
The cupcakes are a sweet gesture...I would appreciate something like that anytime. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Pearl-
I just cannot imagine being willing to have people (especially babies) exposed to something like that. Horrid.

I did not know that about shampoo...I will have to investigate the label on mine. Thank you for telling me this.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5