Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thursday Thirteen....

1. Best places to raise children-2010 list.
---Tuscon was voted the best place to raise children in the state of Arizona (I took note of this as I immediately thought of the recent shootings).
-----Tinley Park was the top choice for Illinois. I am fond of this city because some great concerts come there.

2. Lowfares.com is having a Valentine's  Day Giveaway. To enter, you have to make up a version of the traditional "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue" poem. :-)

3.

Savannah Bee Company Beeswax Hand Cream

4. How to salvage crystallized honey. An easy thing to do.

5. I would have to agree that the Bond Bug is an ugly car.

6. Piers Morgan announces who he has banned  from his show.

7.
-----"49 Things a Man Should Never Do After the Age of 30."
-----There are still people in San Francisco trying to get circumcision made illegal.

8.
-----Expensive things you shouldn't buy.  Mainly things that it mathematically makes more sense to rent.
-----The $84 Dollar Stir-fry.  Makes me glad that we have a lot of the basic cooking supplies.

9. Something I did not remember....."Why Suicide Bombers Shave Their Bodies." 

10. SMOKING/SMOKE:
-----Smoking begins damaging DNA within minutes.
-----Someone said that smoking gives off radiation. I do not know if this is true.
-----Finding and correcting the heating leaks in your home. One thing that I would be careful about is using incense to find the leaks....scientists have documented evidence that incense causes lung damage.
-----French smoker creates (lots of) commotion on plane. I think this should have read as "French man drinking alcohol." I don't know what will happen to him...commotion on planes is often not taken lightly. I hope that he is educated of the danger of causing uproar on a plane (though he likely had no intent of violence behind that inspired by the alcohol....others who intend some malice can see this as their opportunity to act). If this is the first incident this gentleman has of anything close to this nature, I would hope that he is just given some sort of education/rehab....instead of doing jail time.
      

11. Beef chili. Classic flavor...but lower fat and calories.

12. How people exercise in countries around the world.

13.


The first chapter can be read for FREE by downloading Kindle for PC (also FREE). I think that this classic child development book is still very accurate about the flaws in the educational system.


PARTICIPATE IN THURSDAY THIRTEEN. :-)

12 comments:

Thomas said...

Most of the things on that list shouldn't be done by men or women, over the age of thirty or under it!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Some of them I disagree with...for instance, it is perfectly okay for a over-30 to listen to Pink Floyd. Others are either in poor taste or illegal. I am going to go through each one at some point and write up my reactions....probably a blog post.

Kwizgiver said...

I had to laugh at the list of people Piers Morgan won't interview--thanks for posting the link to the article!

::mingle::

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Kwizgiver-
The way Piers talks about it makes him sound like a powerful little kid deciding who is/is not acceptable on the playground. I was amused, too.

Xakara said...

The over 30 list was overly harsh, but some of those things, one should just never do! Thanks for the chuckle.

Happy TT,

~Xakara
13 Comforts

I am Harriet said...

Banned from his 3 day old show? Seriously?


Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/13-consumer-tips-from-the-consumer-action-website/

Brenda ND said...

Lots of intriguing topics. Thanks for sharing.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I would be curious to know a little of the bio of the person who wrote the "Over 30" list...to see what perspective they were coming from.

Alice Audrey said...

That's a bug? Yeah, that's an ugly car.

Felicia Follum said...

My husband and I someday want to move to Washington. I was surprised that Seattle was the best place to live. I like the town but I think it is WAY too big for my husband and too wet for me...I agree the trails are nice but most of the parks we were around (on our three day trip :) were either nude, lesbian parks or had people living in them. I think we would need to find a different park to take the kids.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Brenda-Thank you for visiting. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Xakara-I am glad to see that you are on GoodReads. I sent a friend request.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5