Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday 9.....

1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you?
The first thing that I thought of was a visit to a Christian book store where I really admired a Christmas ornament. It cost $15 dollars and that was more than I should spend. This lady said she felt that God wanted her to buy it for me...and did so. That ornament is on a display hook in my house and I see it every day. It says "Seek Him, Adore Him, Praise Him, Thank Him" and has scenes from the Nativity and the crosses at the Crucifixion.

2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?

---I am lucky to have my Husband in my life...not everyone has such a happy relationship. Even when we bicker about something, neither of us ever stay angry at each other for long (also something not everyone has). 
---Music that I like almost always makes me smile. It used to be ALWAYS but that does not work anymore. I love to dance.
---Especially if troubled, I like to read my study Bible...which is very close to falling completely apart.
---Petting Doggie can be so calming and comforting.
---Sitting wrapped in a blanket or throw.
---Time on the porch.
Obviously, my answer was more than one thing. :-)

3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
14....sometimes more than one at the same time. 4 were part of my chosen career field.


4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?
All but one and that was not my fault.


5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)
I was looking for memes. I am not sure when I discovered Saturday 9....not that long ago.


6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
I don't really have an answer for this- I haven't tasted many beverages that were unappetizing. Oh wait, I thought of one...Budweiser Chelada (Budweiser and clamato). 


7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
I want to be a good Christian and a good person. Being determined is important. There is almost always a way to achieve a goal.


8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts?
My inspiration is varied. Many of my posts don't have a title.


9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?


I would say my level of cooking is intermediate. I am very good at some things. I am always trying to improve my cooking skills. I love trying new dishes. 


Participate in Saturday 9. :-)

4 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Sometimes I have a hard time naming my blog posts--although some naturally are named, like the memes.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Yes, the memes make titles easy....and sometimes I add little commentaries that explain themes or what I think of the activity.

A lot of times my posts are just little blurbs (like InstaPundit). I have to be careful with that though...a few times I posted so frequently that Blogger's algorithm thought I might be a Spammer (and I had to wait for my blog to be unlocked).

blu3ang3l said...

I play this meme just short time too... :)

God bless your mom!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Blu-
The meme has been a fun thing.

Thank you about my Mother. I talked to her yesterday. She seemed alternately energetic and tired.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5