Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Probably on the menu for January.....

-----Cheesy Zucchini and Sausage Casserole. Not a combo I would normally think of.
-----Creamy Red Potato Salad. This will be made minus the celery seed and parsley. I will follow the advice of letting the flavors meld overnight. If they are in good condition at the grocery store, we may substitute chives for the parsley.
-----Alpine Chicken
-----Mexican Stroganoff
-----Berry Crisp
-----Lemon Bundt Cake. We will make the glaze that goes with it and include grated lemon peel in that glaze.
-----Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
-----Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chunk (Whew!) Cookies
-----Yesterday was National Spaghetti Day. We missed this. I will look for some interesting spaghetti recipes. :-)
-----We will start exploring these tips for storing potatoes.
-----I will continue to finish re-reading M.F.K. Fisher's "The Art of Eating" and see if there are any recipes that I want to try.
____________________

Hobo Stew was supposed to be a menu selection for later this month...but we made it last night instead. The frozen corn was left out (I am not always a fan of corn in anything chili-like). We used a huge sweet onion and our diced tomatoes had sweet onions in them. There was not enough ingredients for this to easily simmer...so we added more  tomato sauce and bit of Grandmother-In-Law's very mild homemade salsa. This ended up tasting a lot like a good Sloppy Joe's and we may make it  again straining out the liquid for that purpose. I think it would make an excellent Sloppy Joe's and Husband is neutral on the idea. When it was done cooking we tossed in a bunch of whole, pitted ripe olives (the kind that are uniformly black because they are painted with ferrous gluconate). At some point in the future, I will try a bowl with the extra Worcestershire suggested.
_____________________


a mom blog community

This is Day 5 of the Blog Dare. I will be blogging every day this year. :-)
I am happy that I fully anticipate reaching this goal. Sometimes, I do well on this type of activity and sometimes I miss a few days.

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5