Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thursday Thirteen....

1.  KROGER ANNOUNCES RECALL ON CERTAIN PET FOOD...DUE TO POSSIBLE FUNGAL TOXIN
States with Kroger-operated stores included in the recall are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

2. How the Tiger Woods saga should have been treated.

3.

TCBOTB
I think the photos are colorful and full of life. I enjoy any blog that does good coverage of recipes. :-)

4. The Glamorous Life of a Housewife

5. Things I learned this week:
---The colors "ocher" and "ochre" are the same.
---There is a Holiday Tweet Drive. This collects new toys and clothing...which then go to shelters and charities in the cities that the events are hosted in. If this drive is repeated next year, I will try to volunteer.
---The scary fish in "Finding Nemo" has some scary mating habits.

6. Peanut Butter Pappardelle with Blueberry and Black Cherry Sauce. Garnished with Bacon and Toasted Nuts. An unconventional peanut butter and jelly. U haven't been able to find very many unusual treatments of pappardelle online and I like de-constructed dishes.

7. An issue I do not know anything about....but need to start reading on:
"Hello all, we need your support to help get the Armenian Genocide recognized in the US. Please call (202) 225-0100 to ask Speaker Pelosi to schedule a vote on the Armenian Genocide Resolution, HRes252."
Peace, Serj  
(System of a Down)

8. Concern Worldwide..."working with the world's poorest people to transform their lives."

9. Bret Michaels is finally engaged.

10. Carrie Brown Foundation. Carrie was a little girl who died in an auto accident on her way home from the first day of eighth grade.

11. I enjoy watching the various webcams of the firefoxes that Mozilla has up.

12. The trailer for the zombie movie "Collapse"  is out! Husband got to be a part of the Special Makeup FX crew for this film.



13.


This post is a work in progress. :-)

PARTICIPATE IN THURSDAY 13. :-)

2 comments:

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

I didnt know that about the pet food. Thanks for your help today with my Oprah campaign.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

The pet food recall is very concerning. I don't live near any Kroger's...though I often talk of making a trip to one after studying the ads. I wish there weren't so many pet food recalls. :-(

Glad to help with you Oprah campaign. It means a lot to speak with one's mentors. My mentors have strongly shaped who I am.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5