Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Monday....What Are You Reading?


This is my first week doing the "It's Monday-What Are You Reading?" meme.

Right now I am reading:

An advanced reader copy of "Perfection" by Julie Metz. I have actually started re-reading the book so I am well prepared for the discussion that starts tomorrow....the first selection of the SheSpeaks Book Club. I have identified with most of the characters in some way and disagreed on a LARGE scale with many of their choices. I am glad that I read this book as there are a lot of culinary references and it gave me a look at how people come to decisions (or even feel compelled to certain choices). Perfection is a true story of a woman newly widowed who finds that her marriage was not like she thought it was.


__________________________

I am also reading a cookbook....the classic "Joy of Cooking." This is the 1975 edition (that many people agree is the best one). I am on page 42. Husband and I are doing a cook-through project with this book (partly because I cannot afford culinary school). The 4,500+ recipes should take us somewhere around a decade to work through and make for interesting discussion!

"Sautéed  Fruits" (with Amana Thick Cut New York Strip steak)

(Inspired by) Orange and Onion Salad

Coleslaw de Luxe

2 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Perfection looks so good! I hope you enjoy it. AND your food picks make me hungry. :)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I did enjoy "Perfection." As I said, the characters have a lot of differences (as compared to how I would react or choose). I would like to read more of Julie Metz's work and will have to see if there are/will be any other books.

Husband and I enjoy cooking together...and eating the results. I try to pick a variety of different recipes-that way, we don't have too much butter,red meat,etc. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5