Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday 9.....



1. What are you proud of?
I am educated. I do not give up on my goals. I have a handsome Husband who is very talented (sculpture and other forms of art). We picked a beautiful Doggie who has the neatest personality. I have many adventures in the kitchen.

2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
I have never won a big prize....just books and such.

3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
I need to stop listening to people who think that they are better than me. I spend too much time getting lured back into listening to their games (this applies to a couple of groups). These are people there is no way for me to stop associating with...so I really must develop a strategy to avoid the cattiness and being in (unwilling) competition. This is difficult.

4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
I have been shaped greatly by several tragedies. I have learned a lot of compassion (though I was compassionate before). I know what is important in life. Currently, I feel like I am going through a period of growth not shaped by tragedy...I have been making a lot of self-discoveries.

5. Tell us about a place you that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
Sitting on the porch with Husband. We spend a lot of time on our porch. Our Doggie has even come to clearly enjoy and expect this time together....she thinks it is a part of her routine.
---I have not been there but I think that the Japanese Garden at Butchart Gardens might be a very calming place for me to go in Autumn.

6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I do not have one. Locally, the reporters and news anchors say things that are incredibly stupid. As far as the national news, I find a lot of the reporters to be cruel during interviews.

7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
Fortitude....I was watching the teams on "The Apprentice" earlier. Fortitude was what comes to mind and it is a great quality to have. There probably is a city somewhere that is already named Fortitude.

8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
How am I going to finance getting to my Phd....a goal since sometime in childhood though I did not know what the major would be. Eventually, my official title will be "Environmental Engineer." I will use this education to live mainly off the food grid, grow produce for the coffee shop I plan to own, hopefully make advances in soil science and urban farming irrigation and help others learn to feed themselves. The future is something I am always asking myself about...I am too much of a worrywart as of late. When I reach a place of calm (usually during my nightowl hours), I make so much progress on my goals.

9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
Tire myself out by reading, writing or blogging.

Participate in Saturday 9.....this was my first week! :-)

9 comments:

I am Harriet said...

You are right about a lot of reporters.


Have a good Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/have-you-remembered-to-do-it/

Lisa said...

In answer to #4, I was 28 when life changed the most for me. I took charge of my life, possibly for the first time. I left my professional job in NYC, and set out around the world by myself. I had a loose itinerary, but no reservations. I visited and/or lived in 8 countries in 13 months. I made my own decisions. I paid more attention to how I felt about myself than about what anyone else thought of me. I took risks and reaped rewards, but also dealt with disappointments and poor decisions. I grew up.

Lisa (Your Great Life - ICLW #63)

Kristin said...

What a fun way to share about yourself.

ICLW #14

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Harriet. I think true journalism is an obligation to integrity and improving one's skills. Some reporters are just in it for a paycheck or fame. Some reporters and news sources can be bought.

♪♪HARINI♪♪ said...

Hey that seems like a real fun tag.
Loved the way you've done it :)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Lisa-
Sounds like the year you were 28 was a GOOD experience to have. I hope to do a lot of traveling at some point or other. Sometimes, I do learn things by armchair travel....even self-exploration-type-of-things. I hope there are other years of great growth for you. :-)

Kwizgiver said...

Glad you joined in the Saturday 9 fun!

::mingle::

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Kristin,
I am glad, as usual, to have you visit. I really enjoyed doing my first Saturday 9 and plan to do this meme again. :-)

nike air max said...

ike air max,air max 2009,nike air max 24-7

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5