Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Fill-In.....

 

1. One of my strongest beliefs is _____.
I never give up and think that anything is possible (this, of course, not including things that only God can do). It may look like I have given up on something but I am always looking for a way for things to get better. I wouldn't say this is always optimism....sometimes, it is just a good kind of stubborn. EVERYONE agrees that I am stubborn (though some do not ALWAYS agree that is a good thing).

2. _____ huge!
Honestly, I thought of the fact that some people CHOOSE to be huge. I have a thyroid problem that started out as being always underweight and, now that the attempt by my thyroid to burn out has gotten worse, I am hypothyroid. I have friends who also have genuine (worse) medical problems that cause weight gain. Those who say they have a health issue that causes weight problems when they DON'T trivialize this kind of problem and make my very upset. Those who are severely overweight because they eat and invibe a LOT and then do essentially nothing (but are NOT depressed and angrily expect others to respect all their "effort" in life) make me ANGRY. This is NOT the average person I am talking of...there are about three people that I am specifically thinking of. 

3. The sky is cloudy with a threat of wind and rain and cold, so ______.
stay inside. I do not like to go much of anywhere on really gloomy days. The pressure changes usually make me have headaches, anyway. I have Raynaud's phenomenon...so, these kind of days can be most unpleasant for my extremities.

4. _____ is comforting to me.
Music. Also, makes for hours of great exercise. I am glad to see that Blip now has a widget for blogging (over in my right sidebar). I am listening to my Blip playlist right now....the selection is Johnny Cash singing "Heart of Gold."

5. I always thought I'd be _____.
done with my Master's and maybe my Phd. by now. Right now, finances are making it so I am more concentrating on Open Courseware and so on at the moment. I am determined. Eventually, my official title will be "Environmental Engineer."

6. _____ and then I went outside to look at the full moon.
I grabbed my camera. I have gotten okay photos of the moon with a cell phone. I have not been able to get a decent picture of the full moon with a digital....yet.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I 'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____and Sunday, I want to ______!
---Tonight: Making German Hot Potato Salad as a part of the cook-through project that Husband and I are working on. We are completing the 4,500+ recipes in "Joy of Cooking." I am aware that this will likely take about a decade!
---Tomorrow: My brother comes over and it is "Game Night." I don't know what Husband, Brother and whatever friends are going to play.
---Sunday: I want to work on re-arranging furniture so that I can have an office area in the kitchen. Also to start the grocery list and choose recipes for next month (we do one longer grocery trip and occasional little runs). I plan to read and/or review the selection for Monday's #biblechat that occurs on Twitter.

PARTICIPATE IN FRIDAY FILL-IN

4 comments:

rismahutabarat said...

I enjoy reading all your answers here. Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she's getting better. Keep praying there. God loves you
Risma

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Risma. My Mother is just staying the same. I will keep praying.

**** April **** said...

I hope you post your recipe for your potato salad! I need a good German potato salad recipe!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

April-
I am not sure if I can. I will have to see if I can find a version online that falls within copyright compliance. I will definitely write up a post about how the recipe went and any alterations we make. I will also look and see if I have any authentic recipes I can share that others won't mind me sharing. I know a few people who might have a good recipe that is actually on paper. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5