Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Have You Tried This?



Trying Rice-a-Roni Savory Whole Grains Roasted Garlic Italiano as a side with our pot roast tonight. 1 serving provides a serving of whole grains (you are supposed to eat 3 servings of whole grains each day).  It is simmering right now and the orzo looks pretty.
______________

Reaction:
I thought that there was too much of something in this while it was hot....either the dried garlic just did not taste right or there was too much salt. Once the rice was at room temperature, I thought that it was better....though not something that I would want to have again and again. I think that adding a little chicken flavor might help. The ingredient list said that there was Parmesan cheese in this....I did not taste this at all (unless it was the bit of oddness that I could not identify). All the reviews I have seen for this product have been positive....so, I feel a little odd that my reaction to it was not one of super-liking-it.

It just occurred to me:
I have a cold....maybe it will taste different when I am not sick. I will explore this product again.
-Or perhaps it is the fact that we mainly use fresh ingredients in our cooking.
_______________

Recipe Idea:
-----Chicken and Roasted Garlic Rice Primavera. I get excited about dishes that have asparagus in them and the pieces seem like they would be big enough that they would be distinctly taste-able.

I will give this a try as an ingredient vs. a side dish. 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Chicken and Roasted Garlic Rice Primavera sounds yummy.

~ICLW #18

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Yes,that does sound yummy. I hope I like it better than I liked the Rice-a-Roni by itself. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5