Friday, September 24, 2010

Stop.....





Things I want to stop:

People who don't use their turn signals. In one town I lived in this was so prevalent that I actually planned to start a campaign against this (t-shirts, walking billboards,etc. for pedestrians). I detest that some people only use their turn signals when they are in danger. A lot of people will tell me that others "know where I am going anyway." The pedestrian next to you in or about to be in the crosswalk does not know you are going to make a right turn into them w/no turn signal (and maybe speeding)!

People who leave hateful comments on the websites of others. It does not further conversation for one to try to hurt,shock or awe.

On Twitter, I see so many making fun of those with eye problems. I have true alternating exotropia (which means one of my eyes always turns outwards). People say things to me and do things that indicate they feel I am lesser, ugly and stupid....sometimes all at the same time. On the 23rd of this month, for instance, I blocked 15 people who were making fun of others for having a lazy eye (something people usually think I have). It is despicable when a person is belittled for something that is beyond their control. I try to teach others that they may be wrong about what an eye problem indicates even though it is very hard in the face of the FREQUENT reactions.

The death penalty. I feel that mistakes can be made either in the determination of guilt or in not seeing that rehabilitation might be a possibility. Do not get me wrong, I am NOT one for lenient sentences.

5 comments:

Sarah S said...

Here from ICLW

I hate people who don't use their turn signals.

Drives me insane!!!!!

ICLW
#100

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I wish more tickets were given for this....perhaps if cities could afford to have intersection cameras on all the time.

Colleen-marie said...

Those hateful comments are not just for websites. I found this pearl of wisdom in the guest book from one of my gallery shows in college:
"Get a better camera. And a gym membership."
Lovely, I know.

April said...

Oh people who don't use turn signals make me want to scream!!

ICLW

Thomas said...

At the top of my list of things I would like to stop is "talking on cell phones in public places." I'm so so so tired of hearing other people's conversations!

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5