Friday, September 24, 2010

In My Life....

-----I have a cold and have been feeling pretty miserable off and on.
-----Husband was also sick. He is feeling much better now.
-----7-Up flavored ice pops are soothing to sore throats. :-)
-----I have found that apples are also helping my cold a lot.

-----Tonight I am making Easy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole. This dish has sparked conversation as to whether it is better to use shredded or block cheese for mac & cheese...what do you think?? For tonight, I will end up using shredded cheese as the melt time is better suited to casseroles and we have a lot of it to use. What I found nice is that I can make the filling up ahead of time,refrigerate and then add the cheese just before putting in the oven.
Update: I would not recommend this recipe. It was edible but had an oddness to it. The macaroni was very creamy. This dish was a little better when cold. We will not be making it again.

-----My Christmas cacti are even more on the mend than before. I will actually get a decent picture of them at Christmas this year....though I will have to turn the bigger plant around as it is only growing in half the pot now. Last year, they were sick in the summer and bloomed strangely (one did not bloom until April).
-----Last night we finished making and drank the Sparkling Kiwi Lemonade. We made up the ice cubes the night before and still have four to use for something. The ice cubes were fragrant. Up until the carbonated water was added it really looked like this was going to be green....and not have a yellow-ish color like in the illustration. The only thing we would change about this is maybe to add a little less sugar. The drink really had an unusual taste. I think it would be perfect as part of a wedding or for sitting on the porch on a hot summer day.

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5