Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia.....


I started reading all 700-some pages of this today. The price is OUTSTANDING on Amazon-the original price being $19.99 here in the U.S. My copy was a present purchased at a thrift store....really great find. I like the cover a lot.


"The Story of the Treasure Seekers" is mentioned in the first book of the chronicles. The events in the first Narnia story, "The Magician's Nephew," take place at the same time as Treasure Seekers (as well as the Sherlock Holmes stories). I intend to read Treasure Seekers and its sequels.
-----Lewisham Road, where Treasure Seekers takes place, might be an interesting place for a short getaway. Lewisham Road has the old cobbled streets, historic pubs and a thousand-year maritime history.

2 comments:

~Jess said...

Narnia is one of my favorite stories...the movies are great too!

I'm currently rereading Lord of the Rings...almost done.

ICLW

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I haven't been able to get into reading The Lord of the Rings (unless you count a childhood version). I intend to try reading it again some time or other here...approaching 20 years since I last tried.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5