Sunday, September 19, 2010

MasterChef (U.S.) Finale

















"You are the four most talented amateur cooks anywhere in America today."

-----I did not like the way David Miller treated Sheetal in this episode...at all. I think that David should have saved such comments for the confessional.
-----Sheetal has some recipes on her website. I am looking at Tortilla Soup...though, as usual in this city where no one is truly interested in anything culinary, I will have a hard time finding some of the ingredients.
-----Sheetal on Facebook. I could not find a recipe for Sheetal's apple pie but asked for it on Facebook. :-)

-----Lee Knaz's blog, "Hungry for More." A fairly new blog. Hopefully, this blog will continue now that MasterChef is over.

-----I read somewhere that Whitney Miller's father is a coach.....he certainly was very animated in cheering on his daughter.

-----Paula Deen Savannah High Apple Pie. I would have to convince most people I know to try this one....it looks aesthetically different.
~~~Most of the people I know are picky about trying new foods....many won't. Husband has gotten used to the fact that I try recipes that don't look traditional and/or include traditional ingredients. Husband has even gotten to the point where he enjoys my experimentation (we often cook the dishes together). When we first got married it took a bit of convincing though....imagine the reaction to greenish (spinach-laden) spaghetti sauce.
~~~Part of this recipe requires coordination. I am a klutz and not good at comprehending some directions. I will either have Husband do part of the recipe or analyze the recipe line by line (sort of a mental rehearsal).

   




-----I want to try making a mock apple pie but this will have to wait until next grocery trip. I need to get cream of tartar.
-----Apple Citrus Pie
-----Caramel Apple Cranberry Pie
-----Rustic Apple Pie with Dried Cherries. Good source of fiber,Vitamin A, and thiamin.
-----Apple Pie Jam

-----Vegan Clam Chowder. This recipe calls for vegan ham.
-----Clam Chowder Canadian Military Style 
-----I am not so sure about a Clam Chowder Casserole. It does have positive comments...including another person who was leery of it. 


-----Cadbury Creme Eggs Benedict :-)
-----Artichoke-Scrambled Eggs Benedict. Uses artichoke bottoms instead of English Muffins. I have never had artichoke bottoms.
-----Lobster Eggs Benedict





-----"How to Plate Like a Pro"

This post is a work-in-progress. :-)

2 comments:

Angel said...

*mingle*
those all sound delish!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Yes. I use the food shows I watch as inspiration to find interesting recipes that I might try. I try a lot of recipes. Last night we made minestrone, which started out from a Taste of Home recipe, but I have adapted to totally suit Husband and I.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5