Sunday, June 06, 2010

Another journey through (culinary) hell.... :-)



-----The same basic skills are used each season. I would certainly learn to do risotto, scallops, etc. before going on this show. Indeed, I have instinctively being doing one version or other of risotto since I learned how to cook....practice makes perfect (or at LEAST passable).
-----It is not "cute" to play the "cute factor." :-( Sadly, I have seen others agree with the "cuteness" in online discussions. I understand the motivation to do things like this....but have never done anything like that or even considered it (and before I started having health issues, I was actually considered "beautiful" by most people...so, I could have done this). It is a heartbreaking thing for me in real life as I have exotropia and I see constant discrimination (while my counterparts, who have little experience and no work ethic, are consistently promoted).


-----Ramsay made a valid point about experience....SOMETIMES it is just raw talent that counts.
-----Duck breast, parsnips and star anise.....anyone???

-----I have never tried putting wax in my hair.....and you?

    

-----People who do germy things in the bathroom and in the kitchen are one of the things that make me upset.

---Asparagus and Sausage Risotto
---Beet and Cheddar Risotto Is a pink color and would go well with a chardonnay.
---Broccoli Risotto with Cream and Lemon

-----I am hoping that the woman who laughs and then lies about it is just not aware that she does it. There was a LOT more disrespect of Chef than normal for this first episode.
-----I was not sure that I agreed with the elimination....perhaps I would have looked at how much each person worked (and not just how much people got caught messing up).

Sorry not to mention names or too many specific incidents.....trying to remain spoiler-free. This is my favorite TV show.....I learn a lot from it.

This post is a work-in-progress. :-)

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5