Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thursday Thirteen....

1. Burgers:
-----Cool. Burger company puts every calorie you order on receipts.  Other nutritional info is included. I hope that other restaurants will eventually go through this effort.
3.

Vezi mai multe video din Sport
What do you think of the outfits, moves and subject matter in this performance?? Discussion here.

4.



6.
8. Fans may get to visit Michael Jackson's grave....but it may upset the family's of others who want their loved ones resting place to be undisturbed.

10. In My Life:
-----I am excited because I get to try the new Rubbermaid 13 Piece Premier Food Storage Set (compliments of SheSpeaks). I can always use more food storage items.
-----I am going to Cornerstone Festival 2010....and I am so not ready.
-----I have yet to see the season finale of 90210.
-----Really wondering who Hope's "ultimate target" is on Days of Our Lives. This sounds like it could have devastating results. I believe the target is Bo....but am wondering if she might attack someone he really loves instead of hurting him outright.
-----I got to see Iron Man 2 this past week....the last time I went to a move theater was Iron Man 1!
-----My Mother seems to be doing alright with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. In another few weeks, we find out if she can FINALLY have surgery. Please keep my Mother in your thoughts and prayers....I am worried about this next set of news. The whole time the doctors have been so optimistic....it is always just "one more thing" until this is over. I am worried.

11. Uggs:
-----I have been looking at Whooga Ugg boots. "Ugg" is actually a type of boot....and there are several brands. Uggs are, of course, made of sheepskin. I am not sure what the soles of the Whooga boots are made out of yet....I am interested to see if they are synthetic or otherwise.
-----I did not know that men wear Ugg boots. I have never seen a man wearing Uggs here in the States.
-----I have Raynaud's phenomenon and, since Uggs were first worn (among other things I have read of) to get the feet of cold surfers warm, I am going to try a pair to combat this in the moderately cold parts of the winter. I might wear them all winter if they are compatible with the hunting socks that I want to get (also to help protect me from the perils of Raynaud's).
-----Mini ugg boots are becoming more popular. I am wondering how high they would go on my foot...this would be important to me.
-----Do you wear Uggs?....Why? Why not? At my workplace, people actually spend a lot of time in Winter discussing why or why not they wear Uggs.
I will likely pick the tall black boots.
These will go with most of my Winter outfits and will be COMFORTABLE.


THIS UGGS PART OF THE POST IS SPONSORED BY "BUYIT RIGHT HERE." 
 I WAS GIVEN  A GREAT DISCOUNT FOR MY READERS (EXPIRES TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY).
USE THE CODE "515COFFEE" TO SAVE $30!!!

12. I am so glad that the Mothers of three hikers being held in Iran get to visit.  If you would, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

13. What made you smile today???
-----I liked the top iris photo. Next year we will have Siberian iris and some other kind of Iris come up....both purple.
________________________

PARTICIPATE IN THURSDAY THIRTEEN




14 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Great variety there.

CountryDew said...

I thought it was going to be a new law or something that restaurants have to start posting calorie counts and nutritional information.

I don't wear ugg boots but I'm just a farm girl. I wear pull-over boots because I need my feet dry. Fashion has no place in my life.

Brenda ND said...

Wow, I've never heard of dishwasher cooking, but it sounds like something fun to try. Happy TT!

I am Harriet said...

I could not live without my Uggs. The imitations are just not the same.


Enjoy your Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/party-crashers-want-obama-to-apologize/

Hootin' Anni said...

nutrient info on the receipt? Good idea...but then again, maybe I don't wanna know, and really ENJOY it without knowing....'cause I like my burgers with EVERYTHING.

My 13 is TV flashback, with Paul Lynde. Comedy responses HERE

Do hope you can find time to stop by for a visit.

i beati said...

I'm hungry for a carrot burger now !! haha

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Anthony-
Thank you. I have found that my life is filled with that...variety. :-)

kathi said...

First off, thinking good thoughts for your mom!

I'm not sure I want to see the calorie count along with my bill. Who wants to handle two shocking numbers at once?

*mingle on*

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Wow - enough links here to keep me busy for a LOOOoooong time! I like the "Vigil at the Top" concept... never seen that before; thanks.

~ Greetings from ICLW #115!

daega99 said...

I used to poach salmon in my dishwasher. I used to come out beautifully!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-iclw.html

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

CountryDew-
I just visited your blog (not for the first time). I am impressed by your honesty and living a thoughtful life. I hope all is well with you. VERY INTERESTING BLOG. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Brenda-
I am going to try dishwasher cooking...if my Husband goes for the idea and I feel secure that I can package things well enough not to meet with any leftover detergent.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Harriet-
I have never owned a pair of Uggs....but intend to buy a black pair. I need to learn how to take care of them...hopefully before I get them.

DOIT said...

Burgers ! hmmmmm i love it
fantastic blog
Fat Burning Furnace Review

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5