Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thursday Thirteen....

1. Would you rather have someone do all your grocery shopping or all your dishes for a year?  Speaking of dishes, do you think washing dishes by hand or using a dishwasher is more efficient at saving money?

2. Turkey:
-----Terrific Teriyaki Turkey Burgers. I am planning on making this one sometime soon. I have yet to find a coupon for Fiber One Bran Cereal or Egg Beaters....but I am looking.
-----Cowboy Soup. The original recipe calls for ground beef....but turkey is healthier and less expensive.
-----Upside Down Turkey Sausage Pizza
-----Turkey Burger Casserole. I am unsure if I will like this one...but I am willing to try it.

3. A part of Newton's apple tree will go into space.

   


4.




5.



Line-caught...this means other animals, like dolphins and turtles, are not accidentally caught at the same time.

6. Miscellaneous recipes:
-----Brown Rice Meatloaf
-----Chicken Bacon Roll-Ups
-----Yummy Garlic Wings
-----Bourbon Chicken. I have never been to a Chinese restaurant that makes this.
-----Greek Potatoes (oven-roasted)
-----Mahogany Beef Stew

7.



I liked the simple motivation that Jamie eventually resorted to.
 How close is your child's school to having such nutrition issues???

http://www.hulu.com/watch/141176/jamie-olivers-food-revolution-episode-4.....The flash mob in the first 12 minutes or so is great.

8.
-----What happens when you quit Facebook?
-----"Hurt Locker" producers to sue MANY who pirated their movie.


9.


I am currently reading this book (borrowed from the library). Of course, I knew that olive oil was beneficial....but I did not know HOW beneficial. I just read that olive oil is said to help relieve colds...I want to research more about this as I have caught so MANY colds this year.
Other books by Cal Orey that are on my hold list:
The Healing Powers of Vinegar
The Healing Powers of Chocolate
202 Pets' Peeves: Cats and Dogs Speak Out on Pesky Human Behavior

10.



Next on my list: "The Passionate Olive: 101 Things to Do With Olive Oil"
-----This book mentions something that I find intriguing...an olive oil tasting party. I have no idea what I would serve at such a party...but I intend to think about it.

11.
-----I am wondering how much this over-the-counter genetic test will cost? If it is reasonable, I will try it. I worry a lot about cancer and diabetes. If the test cost $399 dollars, as a over-the-counter test mentioned in one article does, I will not be able to justify paying for it (doctor's visits are certainly cheaper).

12. This just goes to further show that EVERY PURCHASE IS A VOTE FOR SOMETHING.

13. Top U.S. Natural Wine Shops. Of this list, I am interested in The Wine Bottega.





PARTICIPATE IN THURSDAY THIRTEEN :-)

14 comments:

David said...

good morning.
GOOD God.
it's a wonderful life.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

David-
Yes. Husband is taking back my library books right now. The library is something I am very thankful for having. Also, God has brought a very special Doggie into my life. Every day I love Husband more. Things to be thankful to God for. :-)

i beati said...

love that name cowboy soup sandy

anthonynorth said...

A great variation of a post. Enjoyed that.

colleen said...

Is Facebook the new Big Brother. We're all crazy I think.

Sadly, I am still not able to get all your photos, just triangles with ! inside them.

Kristen said...

I would definitely like someone to do my dishes. Grocery shopping is a game of trying to get the most for the least...I wouldn't want to give it up.

I am Harriet said...

I've seen a few of those. I just watched the Southpark facebook episode. It was cute.

Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/my-mother-taught-me-the-circle-of-life-and-so-much-more/

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Sandy-
The Cowboy Soup does sound interesting. Unless something is on sale, I am going to start with the Original Rotel and work my way through trying other types (like Chunky).

Bev Sykes said...

Hi--Michele and Indigo sent me! I think you were the person who got me doing Thursday Thirteens.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I recommend ready the blog of Sandy (I Beati). She made me smile...several times. :-)

jillconyers said...

Cool T13. My son and I are big Jamie Oliver fans. The flash mob was genius! Oh and I would choose the dishes for a year :)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Anthony. Your blog gets more intelligently-spoken every day.

Divaa Divine said...

i love the fb south park edition :D

Sexy is never Vulgar

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Anthony-
I have to say that I love the format of your blog. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5