Sunday, May 23, 2010

Joining the Celebratory Society

This will likely be a very interesting delurking project. I just learned about this project today and decided to participate.  You can understand the project in full by clicking here, but in brief, the Celebratory Society is an online festschrift for a blogger--a way for you to tell me what my blog or actions mean to you.  This isn't just about me--this is about you too.  I would love it if you returned to your own blog, started your own Celebratory Society post, added it to the main project list, and gave me the opportunity to come tell you about...you.


This reminds me of the "living funeral" concept that I am so enamored of....from the book  "Tuesdays with Morrie" (like a festcrift, this true-life story takes place in academia). Of course, we really should tell people how much we love and appreciate them while they are ALIVE. I am told that many think the idea of a "living funeral" is creepy but one should have a CELEBRATION of loved ones in some form on a frequent basis....because you never know how long you will have people in front of you to say things to.



I always have this book by my bed....I first read it for one of my college classes. This brings me to a point regarding online friendships, like my feeling on this book, over time they interweave and grow for so many different reasons....as the Celebratory Society goes on, I am sure this will be obvious.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I think one of the most beautiful things about you is the fact that you take the time and make the effort to continually think about and pray for so many people. Knowing that people like you are out there makes bad moments a lot easier to deal with.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Kristin-
Thank you...your comment actually came at a time when people are/were trying to discourage me and make me feel like I have no self-worth (on purpose). One of the reasons I try to be encouraging is that I recognize there are truly crucial moments in everyone's life when some sort of support is absolutely needed....and often not given. Some of the kindest people I have ever known have passed away and I miss them very much....they inspire me. Compassion is a supremely important thing to me. Thank you for the compliment.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I think one of the loveliest things about you is how you jump into community. I love that you do IComLeavWe and keep coming back to leave supportive comments around the blogosphere. Your compassion is amazing.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Lollipop-
Thank you. I always wish that I could do more....and hope someday real life will allow for the time to do that. I admire the fact that you are able to create community....and hope that you will always persist in using that talent. Hugs to you.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5