Friday, May 07, 2010

In My Life....

-----Recently Husband and I have spent a lot of quality time together on the porch....sometimes drinking wine, sometimes watching the clouds, sometimes watching the rain.
-----Recently we had a wine from Argentina....I will have to look up the name so I can make mention of it here on my blog. It was very good though....lightly oaked with a very smooth finish. Proud of myself...I am starting to learn wine terms a little more.
-----I am so looking forward to Cornerstone Festival. I hope that @therealtobymac performs the song Boomin'....I think this song is really fun and very dance-able.
-----Doggie will be getting sandals to help protect feet. Doggie has been doing a lot of climbing and exploring this summer. Eventually, we are planning on building a playground (obstacle-course-like)....thinking this will do Doggie a lot of good.
-----Looking forward to seeing Iron Man 2...not sure when that is going to happen yet.
-----Made my first vision therapy appointment for my exotropia. Requires an out-of-town trip a few days before my Soil Science class starts. Among other things, I am hoping that clearing up the exotropia helps with some sort of visualization/processing issue I have when trying to figure out arithmetic problems.

-----I tried Marmite for the first time yesterday...something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. I spread it very thin like you are supposed to....having heard that it will make one feel sick if it is spread thickly. I was not able to get through a whole piece of toast but would recommend this in small doses. I want to try it on a crisp with cottage cheese....like it talks about on the back of the jar. It reminded me of something or other that I put too much soy sauce in that was not supposed to have soy sauce....yes, that was the exact taste. Or maybe it was something I put too much beer in while experimenting with paella-like dishes....anyway it DEFINITELY reminds me of something. Marmite is indeed "oily" looking as I have heard it described and is an unusual shade of brown-orange-red when spread.....with whispy tendrils that come off the butter knife until you develop a technique for spreading it. Husband would not try it.....at all.

6 comments:

colleen said...

I'm intrigued by Mamite. Is it good for you?

I'm not seeing the pictures. I just get boxes like with this !!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I think Marmite might be good for you. It is supposed to be a good source of B Vitamins.

Yeast extract, carrot and onion extract,spice extracts.

Various vitamins (some as high as 30% of RDA). 10 calories per serving.

Does seem to be good deal of sodium...8%. I thought there was saltiness to it.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I have the British Marmite that is made by Unilever. Husband is more open to trying other Marmite that has sugar and caramel added. I am slowly learning more about Marmite. :-)

Oracle said...

Yep a good chunk of everything I do is done on my beloved BB

The Excercise thing has had to go on hold as I have to have a Knee op

But I have a swimming plan being put together

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Oracle-
I wish you luck on the knee op. I need to drag out my exercise videos...one of which makes me smile when there is an exercise that is impossible for anyone but Gumby to do. :-)

David said...

i will take b vitamins in pill form, and pass on the marmite. Your husband is smart

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5