Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thursday Thirteen....

1. World's 50 Best Restaurants List was just released.

2. Boar's Head Festival I have never been to such. There are still places in the United States where this is celebrated.
-----Roasted Leg of Wild Boar
-----Pappardelle with Boar Ragu I am not sure where to get boar shoulder.




3. 65 Red Roses.  A blog that one brave (and vibrant) girl kept as she slowly died of cystic fibrosis. Beautiful,sad and inspiring.

4. I want to cook with salsify.....though I have no idea about how to go about doing so. I have never seen salsify.
-----Black Salsify with Caramelized Lobster Tails and Mache A recipe from Emeril....gives me a bit more of an idea of how one goes about using salsify. I had to look up mache.
-----Sesame Salsify. Recipe description tells some of the health benefits of salsify. I cannot make this one because I have problems with soy due to my thyroid (hence, no tufu for me).
-----Light and Creamy Oyster Chowder with Salsify "If you have trouble finding it (in fact, Mary Ellen Carroll and Donna Wingate had to ask architect Charles Renfro to bring some to Boston from New York), you can substitute Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes) or, as a last resort, the pedestrian potato."
-----Sea Bass, Broccoli and Black Salsify From Gordon Ramsay's "The F Word." I am adding sorrel to my "Never Cooked with List."
-----Pan-Roasted Squab with Salsify It is suggested to pair this dish with a sangiovese wine.
-----Chicken with Salsify in Pastry
-----Cream of Salsify and Mushroom Soup
-----Rich and Creamy Salsify Gratin
-----Thai Fried Chicken
-----Buttery Salsify Puree with Horseradish

         





5. The library does not have Gordon Ramsay autobiography...."Humble Pie." I either need to wait for it to be purchased by one of the local libraries....or buy it on Amazon. I wonder how many humbling life experiences are mentioned....Gordon Ramsay is OFTEN painted by the media as being pretty far from humble.




6.





7.


8.

    

I had the worst problems with my thyroid this past week. I had allergy problems, reactive hypoglycemia (very LIKELY at least), goiter issues from Hashimoto's Disease, a reaction to a LOT of soybean oil (that I didn't know I was eating so much of) and what I think was a spider bite ALL AT THE SAME TIME.


9.

-----I have been hoping that Bret Michaels will get better. I DISAGREE with a lot of things in his lifestyle (I have to be honest). I admire Bret's talent, creativity, intelligence and the fact that he is very honest about what he thinks.
-----What would you include in a workout that you designed? Lately I have been doing "bicycle" exercise that one learns in grade school. :-)

10. Katie Holmes to portray Jackie Kennedy.  Greg Kinnear as JFK???....this is one actor that I usually just don't get interested in their portrayals.
-----Jackie Kennedy's White House Hot Fruit Dessert I am glad that the jarred prune can be added "to taste." We have a can of prunes in our pantry....I expect it will be there for a long time.

11. Man stabs 28 children in nursery school attack. :-(

12. Best and Worst Lawnmowers

13. Hmmm....imagine the reaction someone would have at having their cannabis seized and then finding out that it was to become compost.

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

7 comments:

colleen said...

What exactly is a boar? In the pig family? I saved the link for the restaurants. Can't imagine anything more sick than stabbing children. A sick people trying to top the last sick act?

Teaching Money to Kids said...

I hav eno idea what salsify is. It reminds me of the tempe my husband announced today he wanted to make. I hav eno idea what that is eaither.

Alice Audrey said...

I've never seen salsify either. Hadn't even heard of it before this.

Divaa Divine said...

#11 is horrendous

You can tick me off

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Colleen-
A boar is a wild pig. I can't understand the stabbings in China either...it is such a random thing to do unless they are all trying to make STRONG (and revolting) statements.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I am slowly exploring the 50 best restaurants....learning about some ingredients and dishes I might experiment with at home. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's one of the best article for Health Benefits Of Black Salsify
and also visit the below site to get more information about Black Salsify and other health remedies

https://www.livealittlelonger.com/health-benefits-of-black-salsify/

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5