Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thursday Thirteen....

1.
-----When guests play Russian Roulette at your wedding, something is bound to go wrong.
-----A same-sex wedding magazine has just been started. 

2. Food:
-----Monkey Bread Muffin Cups
-----Chocolate Stout Cake
-----Green Mac and Cheese
-----How to make nettle beer.
-----Chocolate and Love
-----Loafers 
-----Alabama Strange Cake
-----More discussion of breast milk cheese. I have heard of this before and recently hear it mentioned on Diggnation. Would you try this and/or make this?
-----Brie and Apple Melts...look pretty.
-----Undersea Restaurant

3.
"Little House on the Campus"

4. Tidying the shelf (a work-in-progress):
-----Udder cream. I am finally remembering to take it to work. Underneath my fingernails gets so dry...so easily.
-----An award from my work. I should get around to framing that.


5. Makes me smile:
-----"How to See Airports (and Other Bad Places)" Life is changed by adjusting  your viewpoint. :-)
-----Thirteen Pairs of Socks...still makes me smile.
-----I like this tale of peacefully standing up to cell phone annoyance.
-----Some of my favorite Tweets
-----Tolerance pills


6.

Husband got to help on this movie. I am looking forward to "Collapse" coming out.

7. Places:
-----New Zealand...most peaceful country. 
-----Mont Blanc looks pretty.

8. Korean Bartender Flair Show

9.
-----A beautiful Ford Sedan
-----Titanic Memorial

10.
-----Downloadable Issues of Steampunk Magazine
-----FREE Hogan's Heroes episodes (legal)

11. Italy to require anyone who uploads videos to the internet to get government authorization. What would be the reaction to that in your country?

12. Debt reduction/savings tips anyone??? What are you working on financially?

13. Julie & Julia is premiering on Starz April 10th!

Participate in Thursday Thirteen. :-)

8 comments:

colleen said...

That was fun! I would use breastmilk in a pinch (that's almost a pun) and have had brewer's yeast on popcorn. It's pretty good. Never saw that 13 socks before. Hilarious.

Frances said...

One of the most interesting 13s ever.
Breastmilk Cheese was huge here in NYC; on the news and in the papers for days.
My favorite was the little House on the Campus.
I'm definitely passing some of these links on.
I played too.
Have a fabulous rest of the week & weekend.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Colleen-
The 13 socks thing has been amusing me for a while. I try to revisit the things that bring me joy on the internet. Joy does not always have to be fleeting...that is how I look at it.

I have not had brewer's yeast on popcorn...but will try it.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Frances-
Thanks and I will be visiting your blog soon. :-) I still do not know if I would try breast milk cheese...I would have to REALLY trust the cheese maker and the milk provider.

Adelle Laudan said...

Very interesting. I love learning new things. Brewers yeast? Who'd a thunk it. Happy T13!

Americanising Desi said...

love it!

Not Afraid

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you for visiting, Adelle. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Desi. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5