Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I'm Wishing For....

This week the meme did not go up....but I had my "other things" answers anyway....so here they are. :-)
_______________________

Other things I want:
-----To attend a Fickles Lot concert in June. I saw them at Wake the Dead Cafe this past Saturday.


-----To try the Apple Matzo Kugel recipe. I don't know if it will taste good.
-----To see the Mellencamp/King musical "The Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" in Atlanta in September. I hope that they don't have to put the opening off any longer.
-----To go to a blogging event in Oslo in August. I will have to come up with a lot of money in order to attend this....a lot of things are covered by the event....but I am worried about coming up with a way for transportation and hotel.
-----To stop catching so many colds.
-----I would like to know if I actually have a zinc deficiency (one of the things in Zicam). I was researching side effects of too much zinc and what foods are high in zinc. I apparently eat almost no zinc. :-(
-----To take Doggie to obedience school. I want to find something from the American Kennel Association....I think they are the best as far as this goes. I have had free access to some "Sessions with Cesar" in the past (via BzzAgent)....but I have not gotten that much into Cesar-even though I am part of the "pack" or something like that. Doggie could use obedience school....a bit stubborn.
-----To never see a Chia Obama in person.
-----I want to know why many people don't see me as a human being due to my eye problem. I want to know why people pretend that this treatment is horrifying....but do the same thing to me. Also, why I can put on a pair of sunglasses and the same people are nice to me and don't recognize me...why they see the eye problem and not me. I want to know why people mistake me for anyone else they have seen at my work who has an eye problem or is less than conventionally pretty. I want to know why some people actually tremble, gasp or make fun of me when they see my eye problem....it is not that extreme. Whenever a celebrity has a lazy eye or the like, I see people on Twitter saying things like they would "commit suicide" if they had such.
-----I want to know why men are naturally better at video games and role-playing games (like Warhammer 40K) and there are games that I can't get no matter how I try (like some parts of Warhammer 40K).
-----I want to know why some people spend their every day thinking about how they can make their life better and how they can control the lives of those around them. I want to know why you would want to be like this and why you cannot see that it makes all involved unhappy. I want to know why I cannot figure out a way to not be in pain over such behavior.
-----To get a working record player. Also, to collect more records. I go to a lot of thrift shops and rarely find an unscratched record. I must find a way to travel to record shops more often...yes, I have to travel to find a record shop (groan). I plan to make some sort of turntable...and hope that I will not ruin records using it.
-----To buy a graphic novel called "Nixon's Pals." It is about a man who is a parole officer for super heroes. Imagine the training one would have to do for a job like that.
-----To get a big thick chopping block like they use at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). I would also like to have a set-up where a large amount of my countertops are chopping blocks (like Julia Child's kitchen).
-----The series "The Chopping Block" to have another season. For what it's worth, I agreed with the choice that was made for the winner of this show. I could not make up my mind what I thought of the second place couple and I really liked the third place couple. I really learned a lot from this show..
-----I would like Trader Joe's to post more of their products online. It is hard when they only talk about 3 or 4 products at a time. I am really enjoying the Eggplant Garlic Spread....with egg noodles and chicken.
-----This Iron Butterfly Baseball Cap. I would also like to see a video that actually looks like Elvis singing Inna-Gadda-di-Vida.....I think he would have been awesome at singing this. I wrote an e-mail to Iron Butterfly telling them that they should do this. I enjoy having Husband do an imitation of Elvis singing Inna-Gadda-di-Vida.
-----To attract a lot of bees to my yard (fairly safe bees only). I am trying to do my part to fight Bee Collapse. We are going to take up beekeeping.
-----To attend the BlogHer and SXSW Conferences within the next few years. BlogHer is within my price range next year....I hope...if I use the student rate. When I do SXSW, I want the full package...and that is going to take some saving up.
-----To try many grilling recipes....especially marinades. I have been collecting different marinades whenever I see a clearance or sale at the grocery. I like Newman's Sesame Ginger and have a Merlot Sauce in the pantry that we are going to try.
-----To own "Dragon:The Bruce Lee Story." If I could ask for things that weren't possible...then one of them would be for Bruce and Brandon Lee to have not tragic-and-premature deaths. I also wish that tragedy hadn't befallen Lennon and JFK, Jr.
-----More farm-fresh eggs. I have found someone to buy them from and need to call to start arranging pick-ups. The info is on the side of my refrigerator...I just need to call and get this started. Maybe I will tell people I am "subscribing" to farm-fresh eggs. :-)
-----To visit Dollywood. I want to go on their SkyZip ride. Multiple ziplines in the Smokey Mountains. I also want to safely see a bear in Smokey Mountains National Park...and have the knowledge of how to photograph it (relatively) safely.
-----To visit Graceland. I want to make leaf rubbings of the Fall leaves there...a souvenir that would suit me.
-----I would love to have the sewing talent to make a Elvis-style jumpsuit that suits me. I saw the VMA's on TV.....and did not really like Katy Perry's outfit or performance.....her outfit looked like Elvis' Aloha from Hawaii jumpsuit cut up into several pieces.
-----To have Hogan's Heroes remade into a movie. I would want it done in a way that was not offensive to Germans/other people in WWII.We have the complete series that we have been slowly watching....and then passing on to my Mother (who is very ill and likes them to pass the time). TVLand.com has a rotating schedule of episodes that you can watch for FREE.
-----More storage containers....lots more. I am especially longing for refrigerator and closet containers. I do not like Tupperware that much....it just gets hard to clean after a while. I would rather buying Ziploc containers every so often.
-----A dehydrator.To make different kinds of jerky. I am intrigued by jerky made out of salmon.
-----To buy a case of Blu Frog (energy drink). I like the flavor much more than Red Bull. Unique. I was hoping to buy some for Summer guests but they did not stay long enough.
-----To find a medieval-looking dress that coordinates with my green Marvin the Martian fisherman's hat. "The Very Merry Seamstress" seems like it might be a good choice.
-----Purchase a mosquito trap called a "Mosquito Magnet" for the grill area. The Mosquito Magnet traps the mosquitos for 200 feet! Right now we have citronella oil tiki torches that we use for get-togethers....and they are beautiful (looks like a Hawaiian lua or fire poi show).
-----To take a cruise to somewhere warm. Cliche but true wish. I also plan on a whale-watching cruise to New England/Alaska.
-----To play Bossaball. I do not know of anywhere in the United States that offers this game. I hope I am in better shape the first time that I play.
-----To find ways of eating meat that cause less strain on the environment.
-----To have a complete lapidary equipment setup. I have picked out what I think will be our first rock saw and now must save up. I have BAD hand-eye coordination due to an eye problem....so, I will have to ask Husband to complete anything I design for me (same with the bee-keeping).
-----To finish our bathroom remodel.
-----A new stock pot set. I want to make sure that this set is made better (last did not take to prolonged periods of heat...I kid you not). I also want it to be the correct width/height proportion to not have soup evaporate quickly. I have done some reading on this and found that my original pots were likely not thick enough.
-----A claw-foot tub. We have considered putting in an enclosed bathhouse outside. :-)
-----A rubber duckie. I have told Husband that they have rubber duckies at the dollar store. I am going to drop this "hint" to Husband again. The rubber duckie and the claw-foot tub would go perfectly together. :-)
-----To learn both freehand and string glowsticking.
-----Replace several necklace chains that I am allergic to.Repair a couple that have broken.
-----Purchase and board a horse. Or at least go horseback riding with the same horse on a regular basis. Learn how to saddle/care for a horse. There is an equestrian school that I really want to attend.
-----To make another Kiva investment (micro-business loans to third-world countries). I am on my second Kiva investment and it seems to be going well for the small business that I am lending to. I have been very happy about this whole adventure....I won a gift certificate to make the investment and I intend to just continually give the $25 out to help (if I continue to be lucky about it getting re-paid).
-----To open a coffee shop....obviously from the title of my blog. I intend to grow much of my own product for this shop.
-----More home barista equipment. We just received a coffee grinder from Mother-In-Law.
-----To go Zorbing.
-----To go on a hot air ballon ride. Every time I have tried, the weather has thwarted me.
-----To get a truck....because we have to borrow one a lot when hauling manure and the like.
-----To get my Phd. I will be getting very intense with my urban farming...to the point that in the end I will technically be an Environmental Engineer. Another want, unfortunately, is for me to be better at math...I have to pass several higher level math courses at some point.
-----Get the proper set-up and repairs done for my guitars. Then learn how to play them. I need a boogie bag for all but one. I also need guitar straps and stands.
-----To watch every video on FoodTube.
-----To put down tiles on the floor of the kitchen sink cabinet...we always seem to be breaking the same pipe and this would be better for the wood. I got this idea from "The Itty Bitty Kitchen Handbook" by Justin Spring. I would like at least one of the tiles to have a butterfly on it.
----PLEASE PRAY FOR MY MOTHER. She has Stage 4 Breast Cancer and we are unsure when she will be able to have surgery. This surgery was supposed to occur back in August but she has not been strong enough. My Mother also has diabetes and had a heart attack.


This post is a work-in-progress. :-)

3 comments:

Indigo said...

I'd also like to know why men are so much better at video games. I can't play for anything, but my husband has it all mastered.

*mingle*

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Yes...and they can converse well about it for hours,too.

Thomas said...

Hogan's Heroes is surprisingly popular in Germany. One big difference: it's illegal to say "Heil Hitler" there, so it's dubbed over with non sequiturs.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5