Friday, March 05, 2010

More of "100 Things About Me."

1.I don't really like The Onion (satire). I don't often find it funny. I have been trying to give the videos a chance as of late...so many people are fans. I do like things that play on words....for instance, The Onion is supposed to have an article somewhere entitled "Drugs Win Drug War."
2.My Doggie is able to say "I love you." Doggie is also able to play dead and to beg....but sometimes does these before you ask (in anticipation of possible treats). When Doggie has played dead for a while, we say "Come Alive" and Doggie jumps up....enjoys this trick a lot because basks in the amazement and attention it gets from people. Another trick is Doggie comes when you call "Tribble"...loves to run. Doggie has a penchant for the abandoned balls at tennis courts....will pick one home and carry it for blocks....and has decided the tennis balls all have different smells so demands certain balls at times. We love our Doggie.
3.I detest superficial people.Be real and enjoy life. I am working on not spending too much time being upset about the way superficial people treat others. I wish that I was not exposed to so many superficial on a daily basis....someday.
4.Eventually I will have many,many Christmas cacti. Right now, I have three. Make that 2 as I gave one to someone as a part of the Play-It-Forward game Akoha. I was lucky to be given a free starter deck by Akoha. I also print off some cards free online (you can do this,too). I have a hard time getting people to actually Play It Forward. Let me know if you want to play with me. :-)
5. I am impressed by Jarvis' rendering time in Iron Man. I wish creating things really worked that way...at least if you were creating something for a morally-correct purpose.
6. I want the CW series "Valentine" to come back.
7. I wish that there were more kindness and compassion in the world. I see so much that is just the opposite.
8. I also want the Internet series "QuarterLife" back. I was glad to see the actor who played Eric on Quarterlife in an episode of Valentine (which, of course, has also been discontinued).
9. I am a big fan of BlogHer and other things that empower a woman. I am not a militant feminist....just a believer in the fact that women can have a beautiful strength. :-) I would like to attend BlogHer in person at some point...and have a good chance of doing so in 2010. I usually attend the virtual version in Second Life).
10. I play a mean/insane game of Munchkin. Funny moment....the GM prohibited me from giving Husband "gifts." I don't usually win.....but I add a lot of humor/death to the game.
11. The only person I ever IM is Husband. I don't like being tied to a conversation for hours anymore. Gone are the days when I can talk to people overseas until dawn....because the person is so nice/interesting (and ignores me when I say that I must sleep sometime). I do Twitter at my own pace.....and manage to talk to about a thousand people.
12. I worry a super-lot....about everyone and everything. Yet, I am one of the strongest people that I know (in the long run).
13. I tried putting cottage cheese in my spaghetti. It really didn't taste like much of anything...neither good nor bad.
14. I wish that there were more time in my days. One thing that I would do if I had more time is photography every day. If it weren't bad for me and the weather permitted, I would also take Doggie out to sit in the sun every day while blogging.
15. I type over 60 words-per-minute but I don't feel that is fast enough.When I take typing tests, I get nervous & seize up...then I only score about 41 words per minute.
16. I wish that Top Chef were viewable online. I have not gotten a chance to start viewing it again...even though we have cable now. Conversely, I do not watch Hulu as much as I used to...which occasionally has FEW Top Chef episodes.
17. I am Christian but I will not force you to be.
18. I collect Chaucer....different versions, critiques, analyis, etc...I appreciate any suggestions for my collection. 19. I put money in a piggy bank.I like to give neice,nephews,friend's children a piggy bank as one of their earliest presents. I send/give coins for the piggy bank as a life-long gift (I do give other gifts).
20. I have crayons & use them.A pet peeve of mine is that new boxes of crayons are always a little hard to open up. I am very picky about my coloring pages (links to good pages are always appreciated).
21. I like George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord"...except when it is annoying.
22. I would like to change a lot of peoples' lives for the better while I am here on earth. This wish is always overhung by the fear of Death that I have.
23. I am a big fan of Random Acts of Kindness.
24. My favorite saint is St. Barnabas who was called "The Encourager." I try to encourage others. I have a very hard time encouraging those who are mean to me (& sometimes I don't encourage them).
25. I wish that I had more people encouraging me.
26. I like toerings but they don't get along well with my feet.
27. My favorite nail polish is a shiny purple color called "Gregarious." I like to put appliques on my nails (though they do not stick for long).
28. My favorite scent is Green Tea. I also like gardenias....but just the real flowers not usually perfumes.
29. I like the book "Love Letters of a Lifetime" whose foreword is written by Dana Reeves. I used to write my husband a lot of love letters but I haven't in a while. I also enjoyed reading a book of Ronald Reagan's love letters to Nancy.
30. I used to read my husband a lot of poetry but I haven't in a while.
31. I usually do at least two floral arrangements a week....usually faux flowers with the economy the way it is right now.
32. I like marriage retreats, workshops, seminars, books, etc. My favorite lecturer on romance is Gary Chapman who wrote "The Five Love Languages."
33. I should burn candles more often. I try a lot of different candle scents. I love having different candle holders. I am not candle obsessed and will not burn the house down. I am approaching being candle-holder-obsessed. I have just set up an area in my living room so that I can especially use some candleholders that my Mother gave me.
34. I can now have full drinks (of alcohol).It used to be that it could interact with my thyroid medicine & put me into a shock which will put me into a coma followed by death....a really good reason not to drink. I have started trying going without the medicine....something that some do with my level of thyroid problems (I just had not because I have goiter problems and am symptomatic). I am trying various natural things to deal with my thyroid. I am actually LOSING weight now that I am off the thyroid medicine. Wish me luck.
35. I like Kosher Blackberry Wine or sweet cherry wine.
36. I have never played lacrosse. It looks difficult.
37. I have a weight bench & various other small excercise equipment.
38. I have a newspaper from the day America declared war on Iraq.
39. I would love to learn how to operate a ham radio.
40. I am going to do podcasts sooner or later.
41. I have seen St. Elmo's Fire....the phenomenon (I have seen the movie too, of course).
42. I have used to have lightning on one of my credit cards & a poster of lightning in the living room. The reason for this is that my hair often stands almost straight up when it storms close by.I have come within inches of being struck by lightning on a sunny day (with no storm in sight). Just call me Sparky.
43. We have a "Annual Pumpkin of Sorrows Toss." We write everything that upset us that year on a pumpkin & toss it from really high. It makes a loud exploding sound & is a neat photographic experience.
44. I like to eat frog legs.
45. I am very particular about the size of the spoon that I use. I like to use a Japanese soup spoon once-in-a-while. I do not like using plastic spoons for oriental soups....for some reason your lips eventually hurt (combo of the sharp edges of plastic and ingredients in soup, I think).
46. I use chopsticks at least once a week & even have several non-disposable chopsticks in my silverware drawer.I own sets of stainless steel chopsticks.
47. I want to visit the graves of diseased family more often.
48. I am really good at research.I have a reputation for being able to find the most obscure facts.
49. I do not like to put fresh spinach on pizza at home...only canned spinach....reason being the fresh spinach often wilts too much or becomes slightly crispy in an odd sort of way.
50. I want to build my own teddy bear at some point.
51. If you are cheating on a really nice person & think that it is alright to tell me because I am your friend....I have been known to tell the person being cheated on. Off the top of my head: In one situation where I was forced to do this the person doing the cheating instantly realized they were wrong & forgave me for telling. In another situation, the cheater temporarily convinced them that there was no cheating...temporarily. Don't cheat on a really nice person who does nothing but love you. I have also been known to convince people not to cheat...yes, some people will actually tell their friends when they are considering this.
52. I detest mangoes. I like mango lemonade. Bolthouse Farms makes a good mango lemondade...but I am scared to drink it because of a juice scare a while back. I do not hold Bolthouse responsible for the juice problem...it was determined that it was consumers who did not follow proper storage procedures. During the juice scare though I noticed that some grocers did not refrigerate this juice properly. Sad....since I liked a few of the Bolthouse juices. I will have to look for a recipe for Mango Lemonade and see if I can order from Bolthouse. 53. When I hear a commercial with music that I like, I wish that I could press a button on the TV and get more info or order the song. Please someone make me a music-ordering TV that does not invade my privacy in any way or sell my info. Thanks.
54. I love to make lists. :-)
55. I tried mixing fruit punch and Pepsi. That tasted OK...even good. It needs some sort of alcohol though and I have not decided what.
56. We are slowly collecting the bits and pieces for an amazing and very homemade darkroom.
57. There are two pop culture staples that I both frequent and am wary of......Walmart and Oprah. I am working on writing a series of blog posts about Oprah's recommendations and how I follow some of them....these posts will be titled "Cheap-Rah." When I say Cheap-Rah, I keep picturing She-Ra (Princess of Power) holding her sword up and shouting "I have the power!" I sometimes like to read the Oprah.com Money Newsletter that I get via e-mail....depends on the topics.
58. I think Alison Sweeney has very pretty hair....when it is curly. I do not like when it is so blonde that it is pure yellow from some angles. I would like "Sami" and "EJ" to be a couple...but want EJ to change. Obviously, I watch a lot of "Days of Our Lives."
59. I think that at times Virginia Woolf was a pretty woman.
60. I have never heard anyone speak Esperanto....but I would like to. I wonder how difficult a language it is to learn.
62. I feel very sad for Michael Jackson's children.
63. I really want to see The Dakota. This was the building where John Lennon and Yoko lived. It is also featured in the movie Vanilla Sky. It has some beautiful iron work.
64. I own a dollhouse that Husband and I are working to restore. Right now it is a Victorian with green pastels. I want it to look somewhat reminiscent of the apartment building in "The Crow"....in a pretty not scary way.
65. I can't even do one pull-up. I find this frustrating. I will fix this. I would love to be able to pass the President's Test on Physical Fitness...which I never was able to do because of the pull-ups.
66. I am addicted to the 4chan Food & Cooking threads.
67. We keep mylar balloons from special occasions and sometimes have them blown up again. One balloon has been mainly inflated for four years.
68. I love appetizers.
69. I have never been to a Peet's Coffee...but really want to. I have also never been to Caribou Coffee. I want to try the Caribou Coffee Bars that are sold in the ice cream section of supermarkets (I think that they are sold in supermarkets).
70. I give a LOT of feedback to companies. They say that 1 out of 10 people is a "Promoter"....that would be me. I explore Life...and try to enjoy many facets of it...and I tell others about my experiences.
71. I have never tried canned onions. This is on my list of things to try. I must find a recipe(s) that use canned onions. I guess I will be brave and cook just some plain canned onions, too. Julia Child detested canned onions. If recipes mean pearl onions in a can by "canned onions", I have tried those.
72. Intellect and compassion are the traits that I find most attractive in my Husband.
73. IBS and thyroid issues have a big voice in my life. I have decided to find as many healthy and natural ways as I can to fight back.
74. I am learning to speak French...as of since I just typed this, it is official. I think this will be good for me in my culinary studies. Part of my coffee shop plan is eventually being able to afford attending a culinary school.
75. I really appreciate Michael Jackson's performance of "Come Together" in the "Moonwalker" movie.
76. I love to use the conditioner that comes in boxes of hair coloring. I wish this was sold as normal hair conditioner. Of course, you can't use it all the time....I would imagine that would not be good.
77. I dance a lot....especially if no one is home. I love the game Dance,Dance revolution. We are planning on putting in an area especially for me to dance.
78. I never set up a lemonade stand as a child. I am not sure if I ever saw one as a child either.
79. I have never eaten at a restaurant that has a dessert cart.
80. I have never been to a store that has a "man's bar" in it. Apparently, some less-pricey stores now have these.
81. I wish that I could use a yo-yo well.
82. I like to play Dance Dance Revolution....though I am not good at it yet. Our next purchase somewhat similar is Beatle's Rockband. I own a guitar for Guitar Hero but do not have the game yet. We, happily, found an XBOX 360 for 40 dollars at a thrift store.
83. My favorite food is grilled cheese sandwiches.They have to be perfectly made though...and what is perfect varies for me depending upon the bread used.
84. Another dish I really like is cream of peas with chicken and plenty of black pepper. An old recipe that my Mother used to make when I was growing up.
85. I am always very touched when someone does something kind for me. There are still some amazingly kind people in this world.
86. I like pico de gallo...and love to find new recipes for it. I make it in big batches sometimes....and have to take precautions not to have my fingernails get irritated underneath (from peppers,tomatoes,onions,etc.)..
87. I love Valentine's Day....a chance to let my Husband know how much I appreciate him....he is not just my Husband but also my Friend.
88. I have never seen "A Star is Born"....Judy Garland version or otherwise.
89. I like to cook a LOT and I like the majority of the dishes I make.
90. The size (tiny) of the Food Reference section at Borders annoys me....and I would pick different titles.
91. Some of my "friends" are depressing me....and making me think that all friendships are in the end not true and only temporary. I don't want to think this way. :-(

Still working on this. :-)

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I admire your ability to put together another 100. The first 100 was hard enough.

But--DO rent "A Star is Born" (Garland version), my favorite movie.

** mingle **

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

This is technically still the first 100...I have started over or eliminated things that are no longer true. I will definitely get "A Star is Born" from the library. Glad that I will get to be a part of the Mingle again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

can anyone tell me which is the best counter strike guide ? :)...i found this one :

http://www.downloadzdb.com/Counter_Strike_Best_Guide

What do you about pitilessly it ?

Thanx in advance

Sorry for my bad english :s

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I do exercising for comments...so the Spam means that I exercised for a minute. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

can anyone tell me which is the best counter strike guide ? :)...i found this one :

http://www.downloadzdb.com/Counter_Strike_Best_Guide

What do you upon up with work out to it ?

Thanx in advance

Sorry for my bad english :s

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

HA...HA. My dear appreciated Spammer, you are making me exercise for another minute. Thanks.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5